Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Wish (2)

~Make sure you've already read Wish (1)~

So you already know the story: walking down the beach, no one around, something shines at the distance, you pick it up and what is it? A fucking golden lamp; a magic lamp! Oh my God, a magic lamp, yes a frigging magic lamp, what else could this shit be?

The Magic Lamp! -well, sort of...I empty my glass in one gulp, clean my mouth with the back of my hand and say to myself: "A fucking magic lamp! Thanks God!". I know, kind of odd to thank God for a magic lamp lying on the beach as one voids the other. Nevertheless in the heat of the moment I do thank God; I'm sure people here in the Bible Belt where I'm stuck in right now, would argue citing the Bible that according to John (or Paul, or Matheus, or even the Apocalipsy), that was meant to happen. Yeah, even to a rotten soul like mine you brothers and sisters.

So I have the lamp in my hands, the empty plastic cup of vodka lying on the sand behind me, that red-blood sky moving towards a more purple type of tones -just like cuagulated blood. My knees that just last night had carried a naked girl in a whole variety of positions without any problem, starting to feel week; sweat pouring out of my underarms like a geiser. The lamp in my hands, tightly hold. My eyes looking at it without blinking, wide open like a damn banker that had been without his antidepresants during the whole holiday season. Breathing through my mouth rapidily, letting that last gulp of vodka slowly make its way to my red-haired head before doing anything, before making a move, before taking a decision -I can always blame it on the alcohol after all.

A magic lamp. . . I for instance, still can't believe that we're stuck with George W. Bush for another term; as well as a lot of people don't believe in magic, let alone magic lamps. But if you find one, it doesn't make any difference wether you believe in it or not. It doesn't matter either wether you want it or not. The hard fact is that you're stuck with it!.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home