Monday, January 10, 2005

Wish (1)

So let's say that I'm walking down the beach barefoot, slowly, my shoes hanging in one hand and I'm holding a drink in the other. Let's just say that that is my favorite drink: Vodka and RedBull! or perhaps my other all-time favorite: HPNOTIQ with some more vodka to spice it up -yes, I do like Vodka a lot, as much as blonde hair girls my friends.

SunsetSo I'm walking with this marvelous sunset during an unexpected wave of heat in mid-autumn, the leaves in the trees have already those yellow/orange/red tones that make quite a contrast with the sun. The sand previously hot as hell has cooled down and all the frenziness of hot girls in little bikinis and studs looking like bad motherfuckers, has die down. A guy has just yelled for the 50th time to his children to get the hell out of the water so that they can go back to the hotel. He would keep trying for a couple more minutes before his 6-year old twins get out of the water and head for a dinner too fancy and boring for them to enjoy it. They will wrap up the night with microwave pop corn, a couple ours of TV and plenty of Neutrogena's after sun cream at he hands of their mom.

As I leave behind the last signs of civilization on the beach, facing the sun getting closer to the horizon, the sky on red-blood fire, feeling the sand between my toes, the vodka slowly flowing to my bloodstream and into my head, waves lazily meeting the beach; as I walk past a middle age palm tree, the back of my eye catches a tiny gleam. Few feet in front of me, a little tiny object is shining for the last time this day, an almost imperceptible golden gleam.

As I approach it with all the time in the world, as a husband would approach his wife of 25 years right before having sex, the last rays of light reflect on the half buried object in the sand. I then turn my head a little to catch the moment when the sun disappears in the vast extension of the ocean, like if it was blinking an eye to me, and leaving the feeling in my twisted mind that he will dawn in a whole different world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home