Sunday, June 11, 2006

S t u f f f f

I'll be moving in a couple of weeks to a new apartment and I've been in the process of packing up all my stuff. Or I should say in the "mental process" of packing all my stuff because as per today not a single one of the boxes that I got are filled with anything other than air.

But I shouldn't be so hard on myself. . . the truth of the matter is that I just finished packing up the first of three boxes: one contains my Minolta SLR, that looks brand new (and I can argue that it is, because it has seen only one and a half films going through it in the almost two years that has been in my night table's lower drawer); another box contains all installation CDs and connection cables of my other camera, a digital Cannon that has seen a lot of use in the year or so under my care (and has shoot many pictures of a cute blue eyed gurl who lives further north).

Blue-eyed beauty
And the third box is a shoe box filled with stuff that I don't know if I should throw away or keep. Some of it I definitely have to keep, like my passport for example, while other stuff are many little papers with many ideas of posts and writings I still want to keep if one day I decide to develop those topics, among other little things.

These three boxes together with some magazines, files, papers and other stuff are in a big red plastic container that was originally intended for recycling bottles and cans (you know, the kind that you leave by your trash the day the garbage people are coming to pick it up). And I should say kudos to me because before today, and besides having that red recycling container filled with stuff plus more stuff around it, I also had the two huge night table drawers (that look like a dresser) packed with all kind of shit that I guess I was just saving for when I had to throw it away. Now is just the recycling container filled all the way to the top neatly organized.

In other news, earlier today instead of packing and organizing all my stuff as I should've done, I went to B&N to drink coffee, read and procrastinate. When I step on my little red car at around 3:30PM, it was hot as hell here in the Bible Belt and the sun was coming down on us unrestricted due to a cloudless sky. When I saw my little car standing in the sun with its windows rolled all the way up, I knew that it was hot as fuck in there, as it actually was, and I had to leave both doors open for a while to let all the extremely hot air out, and the regular hot as hell air of this city in, in order to cool it down.

When I parked in front of the bookstore, I decided to let the windows a bit down in order to avoid returning to an oven with four wheels. . . but as it always happen when I do that, from nowhere a sea of dark clouds came on the city and let down buckets of water in a split of a second.

As I was deep inside the bookstore enjoying a coffee, a bagel and a book by a woman in urgent need of a straight jacket called Ann Coulter, I thought I heard a loud BOOOM in the distance, but thought it should be some sort of construction going next door. Wasn't only until almost an hour later that the noise became stronger and a little humidity could be sense floating in the air that I turned my neck to see through the non-fiction lane that the day had turned into night and rain was coming down with furious vengeance!

When I came back home after driving less than a mile that separates the bookstore from my place, my left side was all wet due to all the water that manage to get into my car while I was thinking that everything was clear and sunny outside.

I used to remember the number of times that this has happened to me, leaving the windows down just to come back to a car under heavy rain, but I definitely lost count of it. I've tried to come up with a trend of when it happens: more often in Spring than in Summer and Fall, but the truth of the matter is that it happens when I least expect it. And I know that from now on and for the next couple of months, I'll leave the windows all the way up until one day I'd say to myself: "it's time to leave the windows a bit down. . . and Murphy's Law will come down on my in the form of buckets of water to remind me that when it's hot as hell, no matter if you roll down the windows a little bit, it still is gona be hot as hell when you get back to the car!

2 Comments:

Blogger la flaquita kindly said...

hey i hope your little girl approved that picture you posted of her...

Tue Jun 13, 04:36:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Jean-Francois kindly said...

That's actually the picture of a blue-eyed model I found on the internet... only wish I had a girlfriend that cute!

Tue Jun 13, 08:15:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home