Friday, May 05, 2006

A Year Later

Cinco de Mayo didn't use to have any particular meaning to me, other than going to my local Mexican restaurant to get trashed while celebrating that everybody around me was celebrating. A year ago it didn't have any particular meaning and don't remember doing anything special (perhaps I got drunk), but who could've possible guessed that it was gona be the very beginning of something so special.

There'd been other dates here and there that could be easily attached to other little "milestones", but Cinco de Mayo holds a special meaning to me. And even more so because today, exactly a year later, and after five weeks, I'll wrapping my arms around that *special meaning* as soon as she descends from the staircase and into the luggage area of the airport.

Thirty five minutes late though, due to an slow ass airplane that earlier today arrived behind schedule to gate F12.

1 Comments:

Blogger la flaquita kindly said...

that would be interesting if you were to provide a link to that very special post...

Mon May 08, 08:26:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home