Tuesday, March 21, 2006

On Picos

I've heard so many times and in so many different venues and situations in my life "learning is a never ending process", that I end up thinking that that line was not completely accurate.

Lots of multi-tasking and multi-pico-ing while driving...I used to think that there were things in life that you were able to learn and master and where there was absolutely no room for improvement whatsoever. I also used to think that once you've reached that point, the secret of knowledge is to constantly keep doing that learnt skill to the best of your capacities; it's like if first you learn how to master something and then you learn how to keep doing it that way.

That thought had been in my head for quite a while and I've always associated it with big topics in my life, such as school, work, tennis, pasta cooking, killing people in computer games, memorizing and retaining lots of information on many topics and so on and so forth. What I never EVER thought is that something as simple and as meaningful as un pico could change my whole perception on learning and its never ending process.

I never actually gave it a thought, but I always thought that my picos had reached the upper most point in the scale of development and refinement, and that there was no further room to improve them. After years of giving astray picos here and there, I always thought unconsciously [and consciously] that there was no other way on the face of this planet to give a pico [!].

But that thought was completely and absolutely shattered this last weekend, my friends. Many people thought that the Titanic could never sank, and it's now resting at the bottom of the ocean; for centuries humanity thought that we were the center of everything out there, and we've discovered that we're just dust in a corner of a grain of sand in the whole universe; and I thought that my picos had reached the apex of the pyramid, and now I know that I was so wrong: there is a lot of room for improvement when it comes to picos! Yes there is, you people out there in blogland, picos can be improved and the new and improved picos are a thousand times better than the old picos. Is not that I was performing Picos Version 6.1 and these are now Picos Version 6.2; what I'm talking about is picos that moved beyond the limits where they had been constrained for so many years and into the realm of a vrai bisou.

I was lucky enough to have the theory explained to me in detail, step by step, and sweetly and patiently corrected and explained over and over again. I was also able to practice the aforementioned new technique many times and I manage to improve it a little bit. "Lucky" is a very small word for this idea, but I'll say that I was very lucky to have une professeur that so patiently and wholeheartedly took the time to explain to me the theory and practice while at the same time holding the steering wheel with one hand and dodging Mid-Western traffic [I know that I really made *her* multitask while driving. . .].

If you've been brave enough to read this post all the way to this paragraph and you still don't know what un pico is, I'd say go ahead and click the "next" button on the upper right corner of this blog, many wonderful things could be waiting for you: I know *exactly* what I'm talking about. If on the other hand you think you know what a pico is. . . think again, you may have no fucking idea what a truly real pico feels like on the *right* lips.

1 Comments:

Blogger la flaquita kindly said...

mon chere, j'ai oublie mon celular au travail!

Wed Apr 05, 10:19:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home