Monday, March 06, 2006

'night

I would like to call her,
and ask her how her day was.
Tell her about what happened this morning
before leaving for the office
and the smile that came to my face
thanks to her
and my very own despiste.

I would like just to wish her good night
que sueƱes con los angelitos
and blow a kiss over the phone
my old phone
but a kiss nevertheless,
a brand new kiss.

And to tell her about my day,
shitty day,
that left me tired and in a bad mode
wanting only to go to bed
and in a bad mode,
very fucking bad mode.

Would like to ask her about cafeterita
and Mamma Cafetera
and if her cold is gone
or if is not quite gone
and about pilates
and yoga
and the steam room
and lizard boy
and Panera
and the snow that came down on her zip code.

And to tell her that today
I played some footage
of we both wrestling with our toes
and her trying to take my pulse
and me mentioning something
about an "upgrade"
and how short a day can be
when you're really enjoying it.

And just to listen to her
and her stories
her words
whatever she wants to say
I'd listen.

But this bad mode
has me in a very bad mode
and the last person I want to spread it with
is her.

I should call my sister
to say "hi"
and to give her a pound
of my mal genio;
but I know better
that it will eventually
boomerang to me
and other people around us.

So *good night*
flaquita linda
and sweet dreams.
Think that tomorrow
a red headed dude
will be thinking about you
from dawn
to dusk
and also during lunch time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home