Monday, February 20, 2006

Q&A

I spoke to my friend C yesterday who was crying rivers of tears. Paula, her roommate of almost four years moved out of the apartment this last weekend with her boyfriend and C was broken hearted. Besides being flatmates they were also very good friends and I always joked that if one of them was a man, they would've been the perfect couple. Two girls can also be a couple, but not those two. So Paula moved everything out on Saturday, but Sunday morning she left her boyfriend at home snoring, bought a cup of coffee and brought it to C. Then they chatted for hours. . . I'm sure those two must be feeling like going through a divorce right now.

Fasten your seat belts... and pray!
The reason I spoke to C, other than to try to lift her spirit, was to give her all my flight numbers. Back in the days when I was young and restless, I didn't even thought about it because I was invincible. Today I still am, sort of, but if somehow the pilot gets one too many martinis and God forbid things don't go as planned, at least someone who knows my parents has the correct information. C was [or is?] friends with my elder sister and knows my parents, so better to know where I am in case something happens.

And she got upset with me for telling her to write down all the information! Shit, I don't expect her to be glued to the television set waiting for any "Breaking News" concerning air traffic "issues" on Friday and Sunday evening. And I haven't had any dreams where planes crash; I just think it's better if someone who knows me and my parents, also knows when I'm leaving town. Plain and simple. And who knows, maybe if I get chopped into little pieces and dumped to one of the Great Lakes, or baked and eaten like that cannibal guy in Europe did to other dude few months ago, then at least someone can point the cameras of court TV to CHI. [no, not that I think that *you* are gona chopped me into little pieces, silly].

So the thing is that she got all fired up and started asking me questions about my long time friend from college that I'm gona see, and the more questions that were asked, the more I answered with half truths. And it upsets me that after giving such amount of answers I still got a ton more questions implying that I was gona met some very cute *girl* further north and I didn't want to tell her. [we are very good friends and always tell each other our stories, but she doesn't even know what a blog is and besides I'd trashed her in this very same pages before so this is off limits to her, therefore my half truths.]

And being blogs so popular these days, why is it that people around me never talk about their "blogs"? I don't mention mine because I want to reserve the right to trash friends and foes alike in this pages if the opportunity arises, and because I don't want to autocensor myself in that aspect. I've always wondered if maybe all my friends keep secrets blogs with some crazy alter egos where they also talk and narrate their super interesting life including their interactions with this red headed when they occur? Wonder how could I Google that stuff. . .

4 Comments:

Blogger la flaquita kindly said...

you should make sure all parties involved have the same details!

Tue Feb 21, 11:45:00 PM EST  
Blogger Jean-Francois kindly said...

If you don't mind going with my mom through the entire twenty five VOLUMES of "What a Person Could Possible Ask Another Person" [revised and updated edition], I'll gladly send you all her contact info!
It also includes a chapter on "Let me tell you about my son...".

Wed Feb 22, 05:55:00 PM EST  
Blogger la flaquita kindly said...

no, i mean the long-time college friend should be informed of what you told C, so as to avoid tearing a hole in the space-time continuum!!!

Thu Feb 23, 03:51:00 PM EST  
Blogger Jean-Francois kindly said...

Tomorrow my college friend will be provided with every possible detail and piece of information available out there. And unlike my friend C [who only got flight numbers], *she* will be allowed and encouraged to ask as many questions as possible! ;-)

Thu Feb 23, 07:59:00 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home