Tuesday, February 14, 2006

My Hair smells like...

. . . like Vicks VapoRub maybe?

Last night I hit the 'tussin big time: I overdose myself again and that shit knocked me out immediately. Actually it wasn't R@bb!tuss!n, was some other crazy brand but I threw away the container and the only thing that appears on the back of the blue gel caps is a warning in capital letters that reads "DO NOT OVERDOSE: MAY CAUSE BRAIN DAMAGE". Hmmm, wonder what that means.

So in addition to those blue pills, I rub Vicks VapoRub on my chest and cuello (cuello=the front of the neck where the throat is; nuca=the back, as in redneck). So that the medicinal vapors could help me minimize and further eliminate that awful cough that I've had for few days now. Which by the way this cold is very strange: I don't have running nose or throat ache and I'm not sneezing like crazy. I just have this cough but I ain't coughing anything; it's like a little itching deep in my lungs that somehow makes its way to my throat making me cough once in a while. Is that the last straw maybe?

In any case last night I slept like an angel [minus the sex dreams]. This morning after I took a shower I had the great idea of rubing some more Vicks VapoRub on my chest, in order to have its medicinal vapors around me for a couple of hours speeding my healing process. After that I put on two white tee shirts under my shirt and a sweater to keep me warm. And my scarf because it's been very fucking cold. I had some breakfast while reading FHM magazine, brushed my teeth and proceeded to style my hair. I always do that last in the mornings.

I put a little bit of gel on my hands and proceed to apply it on my ever diminishing red hair in order to give it a "wind tossed" style. After I was done [two seconds later] I had a strange feeling in my hands, like if they were more sticky than usual, kind of like thick-sticky, and I also felt my hands fresher than normal. Hmmm weird I thought. . .

And a split of a second later I realized that I still had traces of Vicks VapoRub on my hands when I made contact with the gel!!! Not even a fucking hurricane would've moved my hair today! And also had this halo of Vicks Vaporub around me for quite a few hours in the morning. But it worked out all right for me, now I'm feeling much better. I should I try that gel+Vicks VapoRub combination next time from the very beginning.

***********

And I end up sending roses and kisses to a very cute *girl* further north. Wonder how her face looked like when she open it. . .

Trying to squeeze 'em in there!

2 Comments:

Blogger la flaquita kindly said...

ps. maybe you should try putting the v!ck's somewhere other than where you keep your hair styling products

Tue Feb 14, 11:11:00 PM EST  
Blogger Jean-Francois kindly said...

Or maybe drinking a larger cup of coffee in the mornings too! ;-)

Thu Feb 16, 07:26:00 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home