Saturday, February 11, 2006

Let it Rain

The weather forecast predicted snow for this weekend; not much, just few inches and perhaps no accumulation [hey, snow is snow and I'll take whatever amount you want to dump on this area] but we've been having instead more than fifteen hours of non-stop rain.

This is not CLT, is somewhere in the Netherlands but still...
But it's not the type of rain that I like: pOUriNg dOwN! Cats, dogs, cows, zebras, gold and women raining down; thunders splitting the night in two and fucking up my network card like late last summer; big apple-size drops hitting the roof above and lulling me to sleep. But no. . . this is the type of rain [if one can use that word] that comes with tiny little drops, taking for ever to hit the ground but covering everything around. It's a bitch to drive in this conditions because it's impossible to time the windshield wipers: if you're using the continuous function and stop at a traffic light, then it's too much; and the same once you step on the gas.

The only good thing is that it's very cold and it's Saturday. . . and I believe the only color that matches this is a couple of glasses of Vodka Redbull and a night out in downtown CLT. But just like the rain we're having, my drinking is gona be very modest [is not gona be like a thunderstorm of alcohol going down my throat] because tomorrow I have to go to CHURCH.










I made you gasp, didn't I?

No way José that I'm gona show up there; because while some try to wash away their sins, I'm gona be working on my ABS!

2 Comments:

Blogger la flaquita kindly said...

c'est vrais que tu iras a l'eglise - si est-ce que tu penses que ton corps est un temple ;-)

Sat Feb 11, 09:48:00 PM EST  
Blogger Jean-Francois kindly said...

Oh yeah, you hit the nail right on the head. I've been going to my church all this time [Sundays] and never fully realized it: first a dosis of gym, and then a banquet of news/reading+coffee at the local bookstore.
That's gona be my standard answer from now on when someone mentions/invites me to go to their church... "yes, but you have to come to mine"!

Sun Feb 12, 10:31:00 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home