Monday, February 13, 2006

Dolor de Cabeza

I still have a headache and it must be something other than what I drank last Saturday. Which by the way I got very "happy" and danced like crazy but didn't get wasted. As far as I remember, and I remember everything, I had one Vodka Redbull and about four beers. Which was neutralized by three hours of non-stop salsa dancing, because once I put my feet on the dance floor, I didn't turn back. I couldn't go to the gym the next day as planned, and couldn't do my usual coffee + reading @ the bookstore due to a mild hangover, but all that dancing can be considered as three days of cardio [I'll be ok if I show up at the gym this Thursday].


But maybe the headache was made worst by the phone call that I just got: the landlord is putting the condo for sale. The condo from where I'm currently writing these lines, and that happen to be the same where I live.
He had it for sale like a year ago but I talked him into changing his mind. Things worked out fine but according to him he's "losing money" by having me here. The positive externality of this whole thing is that I'm not just the best and coolest tenant on the East Coast, but he also has the HONOR to have me call him once in a while to talk shit and I also stop by his house to play xbox and to put some burger patties on the grill. Which other tenant does that to his landlord? I even got a present for his son when he was born! [well, he's my "landlord" but he's actually a friend of mine, so I would've done that either way].

He offered me the condo for a VERY good price, but I declined. First of all the price of this property is not gona go up anytime soon. There's a lot of construction going on around and eventually they'll tear down this whole complex to build a bigger and better one, but it could take very well six to eight years. So if I buy it I'll end up having to find someone [hopefully as nice as me] to live here once I move out. And the other reason is that I still don't want to believe that I'll stay in CLT for ever and ever and live happily ever after here. So that is both a question mark, followed by or preceded by a BIG exclamation [!!!!!!!].

Or perhaps this headache was originated on Sunday afternoon right at two o'clock. I was sleeping, snoring like a steam train and having a wonderful sex dream when i was suddenly awaken. My body was trying little by little to get ride of any trace of alcohol in my blood while my brain was delighting me with a beautiful woman. She was blonde and looked like one of those ladies from the 1950's: the only thing I remember is that she had a grey skirt right below the knees, a tight white shirt and was blonde with curly hair [curly as in had used curls]. At the moment when the dream was getting interesting and I was gona start doing my "magic" the phone rang and woke me up.

It was my mother. And she asked me "how was the party last night? Are you hungover?!". How in the fucking world did she find out? As this town is so small, small as in a small fucking town, I ran into my SSIL and her husband at the club [Amen] who were celebrating their wedding anniversary [Alleluya]. Of all the clubs and restaurant in this little town, they had to go to that particular place [God bless'em] right when I went too [Amen]. I saw them when I first arrived and of course stopped to say hi and chat with them for a while [Pray the Lord].

In the mean time back in the farm, my mother had brunch with my sister, my dad and my sister's husband on Sunday, and guess what the conversation was about?! [Alleluya one more time brothers and sisters!]: Jean-Francois dancing like a hurricane and drinking like a sailor [God bless their soul]. I just can't fucking believe that the news of my behavior traveled so fucking fast; I was still hungover and the details of my whereabouts on Saturday night were already public! [my SSIL and her husband can go to hell!]. I seriously could care less if my parents know in detail my whereabouts, but did my SSIL set her alarm clock early on Sunday morning to call and break the news or WTF?!

Either way the hard fact is that I have a terrible headache, and a cold that is getting louder by the day. The cause of it doesn't matter now, because I have it, and I don't really care about the origin of those monsters. What I care about is what lies ahead for me: an overdose of cold medicine, an extra blanket and a very early bed time.

5 Comments:

Blogger Heather B kindly said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Mon Feb 13, 08:59:00 PM EST  
Blogger Heather B kindly said...

Came across your blog on accident - it's great! Hope you feel better.

Mon Feb 13, 09:00:00 PM EST  
Blogger la flaquita kindly said...

aaah, so here's another very-little known idiom of the english we speak here in chi-town: sounds like you're "hittin the 'tussin"

i'm not sure if my brother made that up or where it came from but the 'tussin comes from the cold medicine that ends in those two syllables.

and wait i'm confused - so your parents are in town?

Mon Feb 13, 10:36:00 PM EST  
Blogger Jean-Francois kindly said...

That's what I did: "hit the 'tussin" but it knocked me out [I'm gona try to introduce the aforementioned idiom here in the south...]

My parents, sister and her husband are all in COL, but my SSIL is in CLT. So what pisses me off is that the news traveled down there in the time spam of just few hours! I saw my SSIL at around midnight on Saturday, and my parents knew all the details at around 11AM Sunday!!!

Tue Feb 14, 06:06:00 PM EST  
Blogger la flaquita kindly said...

hm kind of like the time when i told TWO PEOPLE only TWO that i was having a bonfire, and like fifty people showed up.

although,
that's not really the same situation.

Tue Feb 14, 06:22:00 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home