Monday, January 16, 2006

That Someone...

When I first heard about you, there was someone else in my life and I didn't give you a second thought. But as the days went by, I learnt more and more about you and I started to like what I was seeing. Even people I talked to about you, said that I should give you a try. Again, there was someone else in my life and I didn't see the point in turning my head to look at you. Things with that someone, with whom I had been for many years now, were fine; were actually pretty good and I didn't have any complains whatsoever. We understood each other very well and we also complimented each other in many ways, I can assure you that I was a happy man.

Don't quite know when I started thinking more about you; and more and more and more. Maybe was during the Holiday Season when more people pointed out to me that great personality that you have and those good looks. So it was during those cold winter days, when I finally turned my back to that someone who had been with me for so many years, and headed into your arms.

You were very attractive and had some things and personality traces that my old relationship didn't. I thought during those post-Christmas days that I'd found the perfect match: you had all what I liked in that someone I'd been involved with, and more, much more; I thought that between you and me the sky was gona be just the beginning. I embraced you with that fervor and that commitment that I hadn't seen in myself in perhaps more than a decade -when I was only a little boy. I remember going to bed and thinking that things just couldn't get any better! Well yeah, of course they could, but that's another story.

But then I decided one day to check on that old someone. . . I am a man who doesn't forget those who've been good to me. That old someone understood my change of heart and even encourage me to follow my dreams, and I would like to point out that that old someone was actually thrilled to see me so happy, because the truth of the matter is that I was a happy man! You see, it doesn't take much to bring a smile to my face and quite a few extra heart beats into my life. And seeing such a kind and tender heart in those two very important someones in my life, I thought that I couldn't get any luckier. Was from that moment on, when I started hanging out with both of you, randomly, and enjoying every single moment. We even hung out together, the three of us, having fun while learning a lot of new things about special people out there and just stuff in general. Talk about the three mesquiteers and us!

But I started noticing something. . . things sometimes weren't right and they didn't make sense. One of you would tell me one thing and few moments, or days later, the other would say something different. I thought it was just daily life, because life is random and stuff goes up and down, that is perfectly understandable. But little by little I started to realize that there was more to it, it couldn't be just a mere coincidence but there was actually a pattern, and if at the beginning I couldn't tell, as the days of the calendar started to fall down and the light got more intense, I was able to see a clearer picture of what was going on. I like to think that I'm very intuitive, but you don't have to have that personality trait in abundance to find out what I found out.

At the beginning, after noticing that pattern, I thought that it had been me. I always put myself on the line first when something is not working fine to see if it was me the one who did or said something wrong, or maybe if I'd missed something. I went back to those early days I spent with that brand new someone and reconstructed minute by minute our first encounters, chats, conversations; those very own wishes, dreams, and plans for the future that we shared; I even remembered like if it had been a second ago the two of us making out for the first time. . . And my heart started to fill with many questions and doubts about my new found love. During those days I saw myself turning my head to look at that special old someone who'd been so special to me in the past, even spending more time -more quality time- with that good old someone. And I started to realize that that old someone, that I've known for so long, was the one who really understood me.

Comparison are awful, that shit is horrible, each person is different and has its own set of qualities, good things, funny things and its own bad things. And when I'm with someone, I forget about whatever has happened in my life before and start with a blank page. When one starts comparing this someone to that someone, is because the end is approaching. So I always try not to compare people. But in this case I compare the two of you, I did, I put you side by side and compared every piece of information I had about you; I even ordered you two to strip butt-naked and to spill your beans out, because it was time to make a decision. I could've stayed with you both [en la variedad está el placer] and it could've been nice, but I'm not a man who likes to play with that shit.

And I finally told that someone who came into my life during the Holiday Season to pack and go; to get everything, every single thing including toothbrush and shit and hit the road. Oh yeah, and that picture that you hung up on my corckboard can also go with you. Sayonara and good luck in your life! You asked me why, and the only answer I could come up with was that I compared you with my old love, and you came in second place. And that means Adiós!

As I said before, it's awful to compare people. . . but I ain't talking about human beings here, I'm talking about internet browsers!

Earlier today, while enjoying a day off, I moved every single piece and bit of information that Firefox had installed in my hard drive to the recycle bin. And then I hit "Empty Recycle Bin". Actually it didn't make it all the way to the recycle bin, because I used the Control Panel to remove it all; and it all was removed!

You were good to me Firefox, but not as good as the good old iExplorer had been to me over the years. Wish you all the best, dear Firefox, and hope you make it to the heaven of deleted software, if there's such thing, or maybe you end up in the so-called Limbo. But don't worry, I'm sure one simple "refresh" from the big man up there, will send you to heaven. . . because you couldn't refresh yourself even to save your own life!

2 Comments:

Blogger Jean-Francois kindly said...

Am I the only one who's version sucked? I guess if u can read this w/out having to refresh, yours works ok.

Have a nice week Señorita E, or hope you've had a nice one -it depends when your browser allowed u to read this ;-)

Mon Jan 16, 06:38:00 PM EST  
Blogger la flaquita kindly said...

maybe i click that refresh button so much that i don't even remember if i clicked refresh to see your response to my comment. so i don't know if i refreshed. hmm.

Mon Jan 16, 07:17:00 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home