Tuesday, January 17, 2006

[testing]

Updating from my e-mail account; let's see if this makes it all the way to the blog.
Had a very bad night last night. When I woke up my legs were hurting me, a clear sign that nightmares had been hunting me down the previous night.
I was in an airplane, sitting in one of the front rows; we've had, what it seemed to be at that time, a pleasant flight. As we started to get ready to land I remember seeing that the airplane had a sunroof and that the doors to the cockpit were wide open, showing the night lights of a city below us. I could see some buildings very clear and very near, even the control tower was an arm's reach when all hell broke lose. Flight attendants started running up and down the aisle shouting that there was an emergency and that everybody had to prepare for a crash landing.
They handed something to put in our mouth and I managed to get my drivers licence out of the wallet and put it in my mouth as well (a trick I learnt in my real life, so that if the crash landing goes bad and everything and everybody goes up in smoke, at least they can recognize you for your ID, which somehow will be kind of protected).
I was confused and upset, because we were just seconds from landing and how come is it that suddenly the shit has hit the fan? Everybody ducked and some other passengers adopted the crash landing position as seen on the airplane's guide, but I kept looking throught the cockpit's glass windows at the ground, which was getting closer and closer.
We hit the ground and slide sideways. I was one of the first passengers on my feet and I even got my luggage from the upper compartment and left the airplane. It surprised me that everybody was kind of cool, no one was screaming or stuff like that. That was a swift crash I have to say.
There wasn't any firefighters or ambulances or anything like that; so we just walked to a part of the terminal were there was a little hill and a dusty path. There was like an hangar behind us and we all stood there looking at the wreackeage out in the distance. A fence, besides where I was stading, had been cut open long ago and there was quite a few trespassers walking by. I could only recognize a kid with a camoflauge jacket and an XXXL pair of jeans.
I woke up in a hotel room and realize that the crash had been three days ago and that it is either Christmas or New Year's and that I have to go back to whatever city I had to go back to. I arrive at the airport and demand my ticket to that city because I was one of the "survivors of the wreckage". There were around six employees sitting in boots and looking like if they were part of a calling center. No one pays attention to me and others just look in disdain. I lose my cool and yell that I want a ticket because I have to go back to my city and that they better provide one. I repeat that I was one of the survivors of the wreckage just few days ago.
They look at me like "whatever dude", like if I'd told them that I'd survived a sneeze or something as stupid as that. One big fat woman stands up and starts cursing me saying that she doesn't work for me and that I can go and fuck myself. I start loosing my cool and reply to her with even worst words than what she'd used. A guy besides her stands up looking mean and I completely lose my cool; I swear I'm gona kick the shit out of that motherfucker and whoever gets between me and that airplane ticket. I even picture myself biting his ear like Mike Tyson.
I'm walking up a drive way towards a house, my memory is still playing some footage from the airport. Behind those useless people in the boots I remember seeing a terminal, with security checks, desks with different names and logos of airlines and people walking around carrying bags. Is sunset and the house, which has brick walls, looks empty. I'm not quite sure what I'm doing there but that's suppose to be the place I wanted to go. I think what would I do if there's no one home.
The alarm went off right after that, the alarm clock in the real world.
I went to bed last night around midnight and I just couldn't fall sleep. I used all my techniques to fall sleep like reading, drinking a glass of warm milk, etc. but I couldn't. So I forced myself to stay in bed until fallen sleep. Crazy dreams always follow that situation.

3 Comments:

Blogger la flaquita kindly said...

kind of like a dream within a dream... i read a short cuento de cortazar along the same lines.

ps, thanks for clearing up that part about fermina. another informal "research" project: to see if i could find a strand of "take away their privliges" in lit. nope.

Wed Jan 18, 12:08:00 PM EST  
Blogger la flaquita kindly said...

pps, if i can't fall asleep after twenty minutes i (in theory) go do something else. of course then there's the debate in my head over "i need sleep but i can't sleep so i'm just gonna keep trying to fall asleep" and i just end up wasting sleep time. it's been a while since i've had to utilize such measures, but i think the last time i put myself in a shoulder stand for a few minutes (that's a yoga pose).

Wed Jan 18, 12:11:00 PM EST  
Blogger Jean-Francois kindly said...

I should try that "shoulder stand" next time... only if I knew how to do it.

Wed Jan 18, 11:07:00 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home