Thursday, January 12, 2006

Are U Sure is Dale and not Dan?

Walking through the bookstore, it happen that I had my camera with me. Earlier this evening I had spilled my Cafe au Lait on my favorite cargo shorts and it looked like if I had made it too late for the restroom. . .

Walking down the fiction aisle, I ran into a trend that has taken hold so deep into American society that no one really notices it anymore. I'm talking about deceit and deception, that according to my Spanish/English dictionary and to Google it is the same: something on the lines of misleading and misrepresentation.


What a frigging coincidence that right beside Dan Brown, the bestseller author of the DaVinci Code and Angels and Demons, there's this guy who calls himself Dale Brown. And the coincidence goes even further when the title of all his "bestseller" books are on the lines of Mr. Brown -yes, the other Mr. Brown.

I wonder how many people have picked up the wrong book thinking that Dan and Dale are the same author and that have helped this Dale guy rise through the lists of bestsellers. I wonder how many people have said in a reunion that they read "Shadows of Steel" by DAN Brown and that it wasn't as good as the DaVinci Code; or perhaps the other person in the conversation thought that it was the new book that is -or was- coming out and that she better keep smiling and nodding and thinking that tomorrow after dropping the kids at school and before picking them up for soccer practice she's gona go and buy it.

Is this a simple and white coincidence, or just some more deceit and deception that have spilled from the political sphere of society (W) to our daily lives? or perhaps the other way around?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home