Tuesday, December 13, 2005

On Arguing

Check out a map you motherfucker iDiOt!!!!He is not a friend of mine but someone that I know; a friend of a friend. At some point early this year he quit his job and moved to Bulgaria because his brother/cousin/friend/lover or whoever, was opening a bar/hotel/pub/whore house or whatever business over there. The only thing I knew was that it was suppose to be on the shores of the Black Sea.

Today I learnt from a co-worker that he's back in town. Maybe things didn't work out as expected for him, but nobody really knows. The thing is that when my co-worker told me the story, he used a tone of disdain, prepotency and smartass-ness, like if he was trying to say "let's make fun of him". And just to add some extra punch to his shallow comments and his lame laugh he added ". . .and who the hell knows where Bulgaria is".

I've noticed lately that I blush very often and for a whole variety of reasons: when I'm very happy or embarrassed, or when I'm nervous or stressed, and definitely when I get upset. And I even blush when I notice that I've blushed. I'm sure I must look like a chameleon, I swear!

So I blushed today when he told me the story. First I felt bad for that guy because I remember that he sold everything in order to go there; I even got an invitation to his farewell party but I don't remember going, and to think that he's back again I'm sure is a hard thing for him. But I'll say that only my cheeks blushed a little bit due to that thought. What made me go through the whole spectrum of 16,000 shades of red that mother nature has to offer, was my co-worker's daring ignorance. I thought for a moment on lecturing him on what lies beyond the Blue Ridge Mountains and the NC coast [aka the WORLD!], but I chose to relax my shoulders and to give him a manly slap on his arm with the back of my hand, right before storming out of the water cooler area.

I believe you have to learn to choose your battles; and even though I had to do some deep breathing to calm myself down, I've grown to know that trying to argue with a motherfucking beast with a fool will turn me into an even bigger fool.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jean-Francois kindly said...

hahaha that was a good line, silly.

Fri Dec 16, 07:08:00 AM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home