Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Overdose

I woke up with a cold today; and I've been feeling like if I had a cold all day. Why couldn't it wait until tomorrow to hit me, why today? I was planning in going to one of the local holes on the wall to listen to some live blues and jazz, have a couple of cold ones, chat with friends, and come back home and sleep like an angel. But now my plan is pretty much to overdose myself with some of that cold medicine, dig out of the closet all those blankets that I never use, and wrap myself in quite a few pullovers in order to sweat all this bad energy out of me. I hate all those blankets and shit, I always sleep with a clean and fresh cotton tee shirt. . . the rest I'll leave it to your imagination.

I'm sure this little illness has nothing to do with that Lemon Mandarin Chicken that I had yesterday at the Chinese Buffet down the road from my condo. When I approached the owner to say "hi", he recommend it to me pointing out that his uncle had smuggled the chickens himself from Guangzhou [South China] few days back. His exact words, when describing that poor animal, were that it was "sweet and tender". I didn't want to offend him nor his tootles uncle who was in a corner of the restaurant sipping a cup of green tea and smoking a cigarette that looked like a clove, and I had a tray-size plate of that bird.

That last paragraph is just a whole bunch of bullshit. Time to take *two* too many pills and hopefully I'll wake up like a new man tomorrow!

1 Comments:

Blogger Jean-Francois kindly said...

That was a bad idea; no more "overdoses" for you. At least not on a week day dude.

Thu Nov 17, 12:21:00 AM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home