Thursday, November 03, 2005

iNet

The world of the internet: I can't believe I lived a big chunk of my life without it. Just can't believe it. It's even hard to picture my pre-inet life. . .

Sure I remember being a baby, and a teenager and ridding the school bus every morning. I also remember my freshly squeezed orange juice for breakfast. And how can I forget hanging out with friends at the mall, playing football [soccer for you ignorants] in the park down the street from my house, smoking cigarettes during my early years, doing home work, holding hands with my young girlfriends, and ridding in the front seat of the car sticking my little hand out and feeling the wind through my fingers [I still do that]. I believe I even remember the last time I pee my pants, and remember very well when I caught my dad red handed pretending he was the tooth fairy [in South America I used to call it El Ratón Perez].

The first time I crashed my dad's car, my life was pre-inet. And the next two times I crashed my mom's, still I wasn't connected to the internet. At the end of my junior year in high school, before coming to the US for the first time as an exchange student, I was still in my pre-inet days. Oh, and when my awesome parents left for a nice resort in the Caribbean with my sisters and left me home alone, I couldn't e-mail them with the latest bad news because we weren't connected to the inet. Even my early experiences with the opposite sex where pre-inet; but most of them have been post inet [thanx God].

These days I rely so much on the inet for whatever I want/need that is hard to think that there was a time when I didn't have to check my e-mail. Ew, a life without e-mail and the advances of the inet? Please. . . I certainly don't believe that the "good old times" were better.

BTW, you should check Google Earth, fucking amazing. The picture in this post is where I live. . . yes my friends, right at the Heart of America's Bible Belt!

I also pointed out where the dumpster is...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home