Thursday, November 10, 2005

I Report, You Decide

Good only to wrap dead fishWe just had elections here in NC. As far as I know people were voting for a new Major, City Council people and some referendum on only God knows what. I, as a responsible member of the community didn't vote; because I don't go to church and here in CLT you have to be register as a believer and you have to prove that you go to church every Sunday in order to be able to vote. Oh, and you have to be a US citizen, and I'm not.

But in the picture to your left you can see not only the old carpet in my room but the front page of the local rag, called "The Charlotte Observer". As it has more coupons, advertisement and classifieds than actual news, people refer to it as "The Charlotte Disturber", and is widely known that this so-called newspapers is good only for cleaning windows and wrapping dead fish.

The news are basically taken from Knight Reader's writers and from other mayor and a bit more serious newspaper like the Times, Post, and news services like the AP. But still, sometimes they get to actually write something about this town, perhaps interview someone and who knows, maybe even quote one of our fellow Southerners and post it in the front page! Hell yeah!, Rock 'n roll y'all!

Which is exactly what happen few days ago with the elections; and as you've noticed I've circled a little something to get your attention. But before giving you a zoom on the aforementioned quote, let point out the following:

a.- This was a local election;
b.- The election was for local officials;
c.- North Carolina is a State;
d.- The election was within the state;
e.- State election means local election in a geographical sense of the word;
f.- Word is a word, and world is also another word;
g.- As far as I know the world ain't flat;
h.- The world is a pretty damn big place;
i.- NC is a state
j.- A state within a country;
k.- A country called the US;
l.- There's a lot of countries in the world;
m.- There's actually more than fifty countries in the world;
n.- And less than 300;
ñ.- Charlotte is a city *gasp* I mean, a town;
o.- The world is the world;
p.- A state is a state;
q.- With the letter Q you can write cheese in Spanish
r.- No shit, you really can;
s.- And if you're gona appear in the front page of your local rag;
t.- Better come up with something interesting;
u.- Otherwise;
v.- Keep your thoughts for yourself;
w.- That's just a thought;
x.- I'm running out of letters
y.- YO!
z.- After I publish this I'm going to ZzZzZzZzZzZzZzzzzz

As I say, "I Report, You Decide": please check out this quote from the front page and tell me if I am not right when I ask the mirror every morning "WTF am I doing heeeeeeere?!!".



Why do you vote in a local election, sir?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home