Monday, November 14, 2005

Autumn in NC? My Ass!

This is just ridiculous: right in the middle of November and still having to put up with temperatures close to 80 degrees during the day? Give me a motherfucking break!

Autumn is my favorite time of the year; among other things I love that red-ish, orange-ish and yellow-ish tones on the trees; that nice and cool north eastern wind that comes down on this area; the smell of logs being burned while families get together around the chimney; the digging out of all the the cold weather garments that had hibernated for so many months in the back of the closet; and above all because Autumn is the threshold to Winter, the best part of the year for me.

... I also wear my sunglasses at nightAutumn has also a very special part in my heart. Memoirs of great friends, memorable situations, and past flames always come to my mind with Fall as a background; even if they happened in a different season, I always recount them during that magic trimester before the end of the year. Walking down in a park, hand in hand with a loved one, dry leaves been blown by a cool wind, and the smell of a dry clean jacket and distant chimney fires in the air would transport me back in time and space to sweeter moments. . . charging my batteries and propelling me into what the future might hold, a brighter future perhaps. . . But no Autumn, no shit, no nothing. Like these crazy November days that I've been having to put up with.

For all you people out there who might have a more direct line with the Intelligent Designer, could you please let him know that his creation went loco? Let him know, while praying that he's an awesome God, that down in the Bible Belt, where his more hardcore followers inhabit, the seasons haven't change as they suppose to this year? Let him know, while putting your hands together and bowing your head, that people down here really fear him, and if he could maybe scare the shit out of everybody with non-stop freezing temperatures and winds and snow and misery all the way to let's say June or so, people would really REALLY fear him? Let him know, while accepting him as your savior, that a move like that would make even devil-possessed Jean-Francois to drop to his knees and sing Aleluya from the top of his lounges? Is it really too much to ask you to ask him to please send a blizzard on this direction so that cool Jean-Fran can use his cold weather garments and stop complaining? Com'on brothers and sistas', have some compassion with this pour soul!
Minus the pins, plus the red hair
Like a month ago I got all my sweaters, jackets, scarves, gloves, pullovers and all that stuff from the back of my closet and stood in front of the mirror ready to wear'em all at the first hint of cold weather. But we've had a heat wave that is not going away; like a cloud of mosquitoes that no matter how much Raid you spray on them would not go away, this warm weather seems today that is going to stay around until, God forbid, spring! [As a side note, let me just clarify that I don't have a back and a front closet; but for example I unwrapped my awesome pea coat jacket portrayed by that male stud in the above picture that I got in GAP two years ago after being discounted from $150 or so to something like $19,99 and that I even got right in the middle of January. Sweet deal!].

If things don't change this week, I'm seriously planning to weave a little Voodo Doll of myself and stick it in the freezer. That shit might either do the trick or keep me entertain until the thermometer falls to a more decent temperature.

2 Comments:

Blogger Janet kindly said...

Here's the thing about the cold weather. Sweaters I like wearing. The cold weather itself, I could do without. Then again I'm always cold so I could probably get use of the sweaters in warm weather too. So in closing, I'm going with warm weather all the way.

Tue Nov 15, 07:32:00 PM EST  
Blogger Jean-Francois kindly said...

Sweaters, I also like wearing; but if the weather is cold, I can do with or without them, I'm always HoT. So in closing, long live to winter!!!!
Cheers!

Wed Nov 16, 11:17:00 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home