Sunday, October 23, 2005

A Weekend of Teachings

Friday night turned out to be a complete disaster, a damn train wreak like those that so often happen during my weekend life here in the South. If that night is deleted from my mind a la Code 46 my life could go on without any problem whatsoever. Fridays are definitely not my best days to ride the Party Wagon™, I should've known that by now.

Saturdays in the other hand. . . are really not that different.

Friday looked like this: a train wreck So Saturday night everything was heading towards a catastrophe of epic dimensions again. My so-called "friends" where jumping from The Party Wagon to Hell and Beyond™ faster than rats from a sinking ship, can you believe those bloody rats?! Our original plans were being changed, altered and butchered by people with no clearance whatsoever on the subject matter and with no knowledge of what the fuck was going on. The very detailed scheduled putted together during the previous week by moi, was spinning out of control and heading towards the trash can. It actually end up in the trash can.

But more than looking like a train wreck, I'd say that Saturday night was starting to look and feel like a re-entry into the earth's atmosphere, head on, wearing only two drops of your favorite colone as protection. I swear I even started to feel my red hair in fire as I plunged earthwards into the depths of night life-reality and my friends rampant stupidity.

But the night is never as dark as right before dawn, my friends.

Even though I was behind the wheel of my little red car, I still managed to squeeze a Redbull Vodka and two lite beers into my system [It was either me driving and going to a club or seating in the back of a friend's car arguing where to go and where not to go until it was too late to go anywhere like last Friday]. Long story very short I ran into Veronica, a friend of mine who was with other four girls as or more drunk than her. Five very pretty, cool and drunk girls; what else can you ask for at around 2AM? But when girls start raining down, they just pour, and my friends and I end up meeting three more girls equally drunk but more down to business than those cute five. That wasn't an easy choice, but it was a very frikking obvious one: we left Veronica and her friends behind. . . [I already spoke to Veronica today in order beging the cleaning up of my behavior. Ugh. Did I ever mention how much I hate questions? I do, and she asked me a thousand of them.]

This time there's not gona be many details of what happened later that night, just a little reflection: It's incredible what two months can do to a nice boy like myself. I moved from being with a girl that resemble both physically and personality wise the cherry on top of the whipped cream, to dive into the barrel and almost scratch the bottom of it with that drunkard I got me yesterday.

And on top of it all this morning was the day that I was finally going to join the "Singles Group" in the church that my family in law has been inviting me to go to. That Singles Group turned out to be the shittiest shit I've ever been to. If those are the last singles on this planet, the earth can run out of human beings because there's no way I'm going to procreate with any of those girls. Rats or cockroaches can take over the planet, I could care less. And the Bible discussion is perhaps the most shallow and stupid shit I've ever been to [note to self: write a post about it].

And besides this girl I got me at the club got upset with me this morning when I told her that I was gona take her to pick up her car because "I had to go to church". Of course she laughed the first three times I told her, but by the fifth time she was like "you're fucking serious!". She told me that she'd wait for me at my condo, that she would sleep a bit more and then we could go and have lunch together. But there was no way I was gona leave that girl in my condo by herself; she could very well leave with one of my laptops under her arm without even saying good-bye or leaving a return address. I told you, I scratched the bottom of the barrel a couple times last night -and one more before I told her that "I had to go to church" this morning. Oh God Almighty, please send me a good girl before my poor soul gets lost for ever.

The teachings that I got out of this weekend is that I ain't going back to that church, or the singles group, or the Bible study or any of those events. I feel so out of context there; so hypocrite shaking hands, trying to smile and repeating all those "Amen" and singing those songs with no rhythm whatsoever; I felt so. . . not like a fish out of the water, but more like a human being submerged in water.

And another teaching is that the bar scene is certainly a bad place to meet someone, a nice girl, specially if you're not thinking with the head that you have on top of your shoulders but well, with something else.

1 Comments:

Blogger la flaquita kindly said...

et mon chere, as-tu oublié de moi?

Wed Oct 26, 09:32:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home