Wednesday, October 05, 2005

SUEÑOS

I was taking a shower and even though the water was steaming hot, I was feeling cold. I thought for a moment that the washing machine was on and therefore taking all the hot water, but it all made no sense.

From the bathroom I could see the window that goes into the outside hall and a shadow approaching my front door. After I heard the first knock I cut off the water and towel-dried myself as fast as possible. With the towel wrapped around my waist I went to see who the hell was bothering. I thought for a second that it could be my downstairs neighbor, but when I was about to grab the door knob, someone pushed the door open and stepped inside.

I stepped back in disbelieve; a purse was hanging from my left shoulder and with my right hand I was holding the wet towel to my waist.

A very annoying friend I use to have when I was in high school stepped into my condo and started greeting me and asking me more question than I had answers for. I just kept saying and thinking WTF was that guy doing here. Next thing I know my mom walks into my condo wearing blue jeans and white tennis shoes saying how exited she's to be here and that "we're gona have such a good time."

I remember rolling my eyes and thinking "not again please!".

Walking towards a big house. http://sarahshoughi.my-expressions.com/

Next thing I know I'm walking in a mall-style parking lot towards a big house, I'm bartending for some big party that is about to start. In my right hand I'm holding a zip lock bag with pickles and I'm wearing a white tuxedo shirt with black pants. Right before I start climbing the flight of steps towards the main door I remember that I should put some water in the bag otherwise the pickles are gona get too dry and the cocktails would not taste good.

There's some cars scattered around the lot and I identified the closest one as belonging to one of my co-workers. A dark blue piece of shit car which model and car company might have disappear long ago for a very good reason: that very same ugly car.

I do remember that one of the functions of the car is that it featured a faucet. I walk around it and I see it on one side, I open it and water shots inside the car all over the seats and the dashboard like a sprinkle. I tried to open the car in order to get water for the pickles but I can't. I get upset and open the faucet one more time seeing the water pour all over the inside of the car. I remember thinking "next time don't lock your car, bastard! Happy and wet ride home by the way!".

If I was already late, now I'm very late for the party. I'm still holding the zip lock bag with the pickles and run to my car where there's a small faucet. I drive an old Corvette and the rag top is rolled down. I open the glove compartment and there's a small plastic tube that resembles an IV hose with some sort of faucet at the end. I open the bag and place it right under the small faucet and let the water run.

The water is dirty as hell and I think that now the cocktails are certainly not going to taste any good. Maybe if I give them a seven or an eight count instead of the usual five count of liquor, the alcohol may kill whatever bad flavor or bacteria is in the pickles.

I shut down the glove compartment and turn towards the house, the sky looks blue and its sunny, but I know that is gona rain and I don't know how to operate the car's rag top. I'm extremely late now and I struggle what to do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home