Monday, October 10, 2005

A Special Meaning...?

What do you write in a "Happy Birthday" card? Well, happy birthday is not a bad idea after all considering that if you buy a "Happy Birthday" card is because that's what you mean. But if the "Happy Birthday" card already has a happy birthday splashed in it, then what do you write? You can always write again happy birthday in the card because it will be a hand-written happy birthday which in these days of e-cards, e-mails, phone sex and drive-through cups of coffee, it really weights a lot. But still, a printed Happy Birthday and a hand written happy birthday means pretty much the same: happy birthday. So, what to write?

Hand written Happy Birthday...I'm not a happy birthday type of guy: my parents always have to call me the day before to remind me of whoever birthday is coming with the next dawn, and even with that clue I've forgotten to call or to show up. My friends know that I can remember phone numbers, e-mail addresses, faces, pasta recipes, situations, apartment numbers, cocktail menus and where the car was parked but not happy birthdays. I just can't, I wasn't equipped with the happy birthday gene -yes, I do have ONE defect after all.

But there's a happy birthday in few days and I have to mail a little happy birthday card. I could always write an e-mail or send an e-card with a tired happy birthday on it, but as I am stuck with this good manners and I always think that I'm such a cool guy and blah blah blah, I have to live up to my own self-descriptions and move my ass to the nearest post office and get out of my pocket more cash than I was expecting to because is already too late and that happy birthday card has to do some traveling in order to reach whoever that card is going to reach [note to self: stop promising all birthday-related stuff bitch!].

But don't you think that when you receive a hand written happy birthday in a happy birthday card, it really has a very deep and special meaning? And even more special if it comes from a cool red-haired boy down in NC with whom you shared so many sweet kisses? Right, me either.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home