Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Right, Not Straight

How many triangles do you see?Today marks a milestone in my life. After more than a year of trying and trying and failing miserable I finally nail it. It wasn't an easy one my friends, specially for a non-math dude like me, but I finally got it, and got it fucking right!

My very dear and very few readers [drum roll please]: I nailed Caribou Coffee's trivia question today! YEAHHH!

The question was to name the three different kind of triangles that exist according to their angles. OK, I know, I know: you learn that in second grade if not before, but I fucking nail it and that's all that matters today.

And I deserve extra kudos because I learnt this in Spanish and had to translate it to English on the fly. And I got them right! The three type of triangles are: acute, every angle is less than 90 degrees; obtuse, one angle is greater than 90 degrees; and right, one angle is exactly 90 degrees.

In this last triangle I trip a little bit because I said "straight" which is the translation for "recto", the name of that triangle in Spanish, and the girl behind the counter said "right!" and I was like YEAH! I GOT IT! I GOT IT! and she was like "no, is right. The name of the last triangle is right, not straight".

But she was kind enough to give me the ten cents off that you get for getting the trivia question right -not straight.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jean-Francois kindly said...

Rock on! And I also got my ten cets disscount!

Thu Oct 06, 12:46:00 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home