Saturday, September 03, 2005

Readin'

First you'll smile and then you'll cryI had forgotten that back in May I'd read "Brain Droppings" by George Carlin, and as that is a book about American society and J-F is a poor foreigner who's trying to understand what the hell is going on up here, I'd consider it as non-fiction (1.35!). Comments or suggestions on my judgment? Please leave a comment below, I'd love to read it. . .

"Skinny Deep" is such a good book, it had me laughing and smiling on every page. The story of the book is not funny but the way the author describes it, the similes and metaphors he uses and the characters makes that book hilarious. Is just impossible not to love Joey, Chaz, Ricca, Tool and even Mr. Red. Read that book!

"A Walk to Remember" by Nicholas Sparks is excellent. In the prologue the character says that First you'll smile, and then you'll cry, and believe me, he delivers. I found myself on Thursday evening at White Point Park, the southernmost tip of downtown Charleston, devouring this book; first smiling and then with my eyes all wet and shit (what a pussy, I know). Even more so I had to finish the book once I got back to Charlotte, well pass midnight that very same day, because. . . well, I'd better let you read it and find out for yourself.

0 Comments:

<< Home