Sunday, September 04, 2005

Life is *Goooood*

Isn't life full of amazing coincidences. . . ? They just make my heart pump joy to every single corner of my handsome and fit 5'6 and smile and love life like never before. . .

My sister is getting married and believe it or not part of my new family in law lives in the US, in the East Coast, the South East, the Bible Belt. They live in North Carolina, can you believe my eyes? They live in Charlotte, the so-called "Queen City"! They live in southern Charlotte, as well as I do, just a fifteen minute ride from my condo. Isn't life just amazing these days?!

As my mom only wants the best for me, she thought that it would be a fantastic idea to share with my new in laws not only the fact that I also live in Charlotte, but she went the extra mile and gave them my cell phone. Awwww mom, aren't you just great?

Everybody stand up and and meet Jean-Fran!!!!Wednesday morning, while I was on my way to Charleston and my cell phone was sitting on my night table, the first phone call went through and with it the first voice message. Thursday, when I was chilling by the ocean, two more phone calls and two more voice messages appeared on the screen of my old Nokia. Friday morning, and I ain't making this up, one more voice message appeared and a woman on the other end speaking English demanded to know if that phone belonged to someone called Jean-Francois. I can feel I'm going to love my new in laws. . .

Friday afternoon I call my new sister in law, the author of the voice messages, and after a small talk where I tell her how exited and happy and what an "amazing coincidence" that we both live here in Charlotte she invites me to her house to meet all the family. I was working and had to work until well pass 9 PM, but she said that it was OK, that they'll be waiting for me no matter what. Couldn't get out of that one but figured out that the sooner I meet them, the better.

Got there after 10 PM and well, I have to admit it, they were very nice. She gave me food, beer, I meet her three children, husband, a couple that lives nearby and who are also from South America and I even had the chance to pet her little dog. My new mother in law had to go home with her husband because they were kind of tired but they left plenty of good wishes for me.

And that is just the tip of the iceberg because you really don't know how lucky a man I am. My mother in law is married to a pastor from one of the local churches and my sister in law loves to pray and read the Bible as well as her husband and they enjoy so much going to church and their children also love to go and hang out at church and by the way Jean-Francois, what church do you go to? And yes of course you have to come to our church and meet everybody and I bet you people in the congregation are going to be thrilled to meet you and God Almighty this is such a wonderful coincidence for crying out loud!

And things are just getting better by the minute. Sunday morning I'm making my coffee (just few minutes ago) and the phone rang, the screen displays an unknown number with a 704 area code so typical in Charlotte and I just can't believe my ears and God bless the Southern United States: my mum in law calling to invite me for lunch tomorrow to meet her and her pastor husband. Am I the luckiest hommo sapiens on the face of this planet or what?!

Oh, my Gracious Goodness! This just can't get any better my friends. . .

Actually it can. I tried to make clear to my sister in law that I don't go to church and that the Lord and I aren't like this [cross fingers]. I didn't bless the food but just dived into it with my fork and knife causing her to rise an eyebrow, but better to get that out of the way. HOWEVER, there was a big ray of light when I told them that I was single, free like the wind and not seeing anyone these days. My sister in law's husband laughed and said that they can claim SEVENTEEN marriages that they've helped put together and I told them that I would be thrilled to help them get to the Top 20! They laughed with joy thinking about how great the Lord is for sending this astray sheep to them, and I also laughed thinking of all the fine young girls at church that are looking for and in need of some good sex with a hot and a cool red haired Latino. HEHEHE -evil laugh.

They invited me to go to church today but I declined due to some unavoidable stuff that I had to do -like blogging for example? But I know that I'm not gona be able to stay clear of the whole church experience, so if I'm gona be part of it, why not try to steer things my way and end up meeting some beautiful and God-fearing young girls with whom I could share if not the rest, at least the next few months of my life, ah? Or who knows, perhaps I'll end up loving the Lord and reading the Bible and volunteering and finally becoming a God-fearing member of the southern society. . . maybe. . . but in the meantime I'm just going to focus on getting laid and what a better place than a church. Better place to get to know fine young girls, I mean.

2 Comments:

Blogger My Daily Struggles kindly said...

Usted baila como un hombre que vive como mujer.

Sun Sep 04, 03:41:00 PM EDT  
Blogger la flaquita kindly said...

tell them you're a muslim. i have it all planned out for when i happen to run into the people who were my "friends" during my brainwashed years: i'll say, i'm actually looking into the polytheistic religions at the moment.

i'm not sure you'll get any going out with a church girl. but you have a great likelihood of meeting a virgin!!! or, oh wait! have you seen the movie saved? you could go out with a church girl, tell her you think you might be gay, then she'll sleep with you to try to "win you back" to their side!

and how is mr. burroughs so far?

Sun Sep 04, 03:52:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home