Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Sparkling Earrings

Early this morning I exchanged some real time e-mails with cute Stephanie (aka Ms. Computer Expert) that had me laughing at random intervals throughout the day. And not only that but made me realize how lucky I was to run into someone like her, with such kind and good heart.

Last night I downloaded Peaceful Easy Feeling from The Eagles and played it like ten times, plus some more this morning. That song is stuck in my head now and I can't stop singing/mumbling it. But not the whole song, just:

I like the way your sparkling earrings lay,
against your skin it's so brown
And I found out a long time ago,
what a woman can do to your sooooooooooul
So today at work I've been all day laughing by myself and mumbling/singing those lines.
I'm sure my co-workers must be thinking that I lost it; that the South finally took a toll on me and that it's time to call for the straight jacket, heavy medication and solitary confinement; some of them must be frothing at their mouths with the thought of looting my cubicle once and for all.
If they only knew what lies beneath it all. . .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home