Sunday, August 14, 2005

On Adiction and Being Back

I'm seriously addicted to blogging, there's no other explanation for this. A couple months ago when I decided to end this little blog I was planning to finally put on paper some writing that had been in my head for a while. It all started fine, but from then on things just started to go south.

One of the best professors I had in college once told me that "It's easier to start something than to finishing it"; he was talking about all those papers that we had to research and turn in while at the same time going out and drinking and hooking up and making out and putting out and breaking up and well, just being in college. But that phrase has stuck with me and when in the middle of something, or when I'm about to start something, or when I want to get out of whatever, it always comes to my mind.

Today I'll say that it is hard both to start and to eventually finish something.

When I remember that phrase the first thought that comes to my mind is relationships. When I spoke to my professor back in those days, I had a girlfriend and I was ready to dump her. I didn't know how to do it or when but I knew that it was going to happen. Theoretically she was the kind of girl that I liked: blonde, pretty face and big boobs. But in the real world, where we had to interact and talk on the phone and see her at school every day and go to her place and so on, I didn't feel any connection. She was a very nice girl and was always looking after me, which is always nice, but there just wasn't any fucking connection.

One day talking to her I brought that phrase that my professor had told me, and in the back of my mind I was thinking about using it to tell her that well, things were just not going on the right direction and blah, blah, blah. (Jean-Francois isn't very good with words, we all know that by now). But that night she turned it around, pointing out that both are difficult and well, to make a long story short, it took me few more weeks to tell her how I felt and after that, a couple more months to finally stop seeing each other. Whatever.

What I wanted to say is that starting this blog was very easy, both to sign up and to start writing those little silly stories that happen to me on regular bases. But to stop doing it is harder than I thought. Very hard; very really fucking hard my friends.

When I wrote the post on Stephanie, I thought it was going to be just one of those "monthly" updates in order to prevent Google from deleting this blog, but the truth of the matter is that now I see every single situation that happens around me as a post. Even when I honk to those people that don't know how to drive here in Charlotte, I think about writing a post about them.

And looking back I would have liked to document all the things that happen with cute Steffi during the last couple of months, not that I'm still thinking about her every fucking single day as oppose to every second, but more than that to try to get to know myself better and to draw teachings and conclusions about my relationships, the type of guy that I am, and I'd say just life in general through my daily posts.

In other words what I really wanted to say today is that Jean-Francois is back! Period.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home