Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Nights in Rodanthe

I felt in love with AdrienneNot bad at all my friends, and if you allow me to, I'll say that it was quite good. Even more so I'd recommend it to those lost soul that show up here every full moon. Read it.

When I picked up this book I was completely new to the Romance section of my local library; and to be honest I choose it because it was the thinnest of them all. I never went down that aisle before, and in my way to other topics I always thought that my sneezing was due to the proximity with all those pink books than the actual dust that slowly accumulates around everything.

But a very cute girl I once used to go out with (what's her name again?) recommended the author to me, and in those crazy days I gave her my word that I was going to read it -didn't promise shit to her, as promises are way easier to break, but giving my word, well, is my word what else could I add to it?

And I'm glad I did. From a very slow start when I found asking myself "WTF J-F?", I turned the page to Rodanthe 1988 and from then on I couldn't put it down. A hundred pages yesterday, another hundred pages today plus the rest of my Merlot and it was a good idea to give her my word after all.

I may even go back in a few weeks to check on Monsieur Sparks again and some more idylle for my poor soul.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home