Sunday, August 21, 2005

Mr. Gatekeeper

It's funny and kind of odd, but to charge my batteries there's nothing like a night out with friends drinking, dancing, cheering, laughing and just getting drrrrrrrunk. It takes a lot of energy to recover the next day (today), and even more to remember what the hell really happen after we started gulping down those tequila shots, but I feel like new.

When I'm like half way drunk I always like to make everybody drink and I even go and fix and mix drinks myself; and last night wasn't the exception. As the variety of drinks were reduced only to a) beer b) sangria and c) Tequila, I didn't have the chance to show my skills as a bartender, but it didn't stop me to walk around with a bottle of Sauza in one hand and a long narrow glass for the shots in the other.

I swear this is the last shot!
I still can't believe that after all these years people still fall for the same lines "I'm going to pour you a very-very little one, but you have to drink it all", "You don't have to drink it all, but you have to drink" and so on. At the end we were all so drunk that nobody asked for salt and a piece of lime and all that crap. BTW, tequila is going to leave you feeling like crap the next day, so why further poison your body with salt and lime?!

Even poor M-J called this afternoon to blame me for her hangover. As they were planning to go home all fucked up and shit, I stood by the door with the tequila in one hand and the glass in the other saying that whoever wanted to cross the door had to drink. They could very well jump out of the window from the second floor and into the parking lot if they didn't want to drink, I pointed out, but I was the gatekeeper and the shot was the key. The only poor soul that drank was M-J and according to her that last shot "killed her". The only thing I could say in my defense was that I was only a "messenger".

And I deserve a pat on my back, because I didn't end up making trans-Atlantic phone calls last night. I'm definitely on my way to recovery. . . well, let's just say that I'm doing a bit better.

1 Comments:

Blogger la flaquita kindly said...

lime at least has vitamin c

Mon Aug 22, 12:19:00 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home