Sunday, August 14, 2005

AAAAAAArrrrrrrrrrgghhhhhh! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

I don't care who did it, but someone's gona pay for it!I should've known that it was just a matter of time. . .

I have four active e-mail accounts that get spam pretty much every day; my mail box in the real world also gets tons of awesome junk that I always deliver to the dumpster; even on my cell phone I get like one call every now and then of some pre-recorded spam/junk that of course I always send to hell.

But spam in the "comments" section of my beloved blog?! Hard to believe my friends, I know, but you can check it out with your own eyes.

I get like one comment every ten posts or so, and when it happens I always jump out of my chair and read it and reply and say "thanks" and I even link people just for stopping by sometimes. Could you picture my (not very) handsome self clicking on "comments" just to find out such a truck load of bullshit?!

6 Comments:

Blogger la flaquita kindly said...

i'm not 100% sure about pinko, but commie refers to communist. i think pinko could mean way left or slightly communist (red being the color associated w/communism; pink therefore being sort-of communism)

that totally sucks about the spam comment. wtf?

Sun Aug 14, 11:58:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Jean-Francois kindly said...

Hmmmmm I think I'm going to add those words to my vocabulary. I'd start using 'em with my co-workers in the next few days, so that they can notice that I'm learning new shit eveyday!

Cheers ms E! and gracias for stopping by.

Mon Aug 15, 08:05:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Janet kindly said...

I've gotten spam on my blog before, but not that often, and DEFINITELY not that long.

More importantly, who are these people who are taking the time to comment? That's what I really want to know.

Tue Aug 16, 11:51:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Jean-Francois kindly said...

I research it and found out in Technorati that spam in the comment section of blogs is just the tip of the iceberg. There's people with all types of software that would create fake blogs, with links, comments, traffic and stuff for all kinds of reasons. At the end of course is always a big $$$$$$ sign in all this.

Wed Aug 17, 12:46:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Janet kindly said...

But do any of these people actually make money? If so, how?:(

Wed Aug 17, 11:04:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Jean-Francois kindly said...

They do. First with the dumb people that click their adds, follow their links and buy their products. And also through a whole variety of schemes that range from increasing traffic to their web sites using fake blogs and making them attractive for advertisement, all the way to software that automatically clicks on their advertisement generating revenues.

Technorati has been publishing quite a few things about this. Check out http://www.technorati.com/weblog/ and scroll to the guys that talk about spam.

Fri Aug 19, 09:28:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home