Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Rain

This polen is Killing me; but I got her phone number!Today started for me like any other day on early April: sneezing, blowing my nose, swearing and drinking a big-O-cup of coffee to kill the effect of those beers I had last night. After going through plenty of work on top of more work and meetings and e-mails and shit at the office, came a short break for lunch and then more work, mails, meetings, phone calls and even more shit. Think of that little time that I had for lunch like a grilled cheese sandwich: being the cheese my lunch break which melted with the whole wheat bread that is my work, and at the end you couldn't tell what was what.

Later in the evening, those gray clouds that have been forming over the Appalachian Mountains, where all the die-hard red necks of North Carolina inhabit, moved to the piedmont. Then those clouds came down on us with furious anger, buckets of water rushing towards the ground, thunders splitting the night, and all that rain washing away the pollen that has been making my life miserable. For several hours I felt brand new again, opening the windows to let all that air free of green stuff now, come in and take away the bad energy that has been floating in my condo. I even felt like going to the parking lot to jump and play and enjoy the water, but the last time I did that (yes I was drunk) I got a cold that lasted for two weeks, so I refrained myself. Deep in my heart however, I went outside like a six year old boy playing like if it was the first time ever to see water coming down the sky.

Now all those clouds are gone. They kept going on their slow journey for the coast to make life miserable to the sun-tanned red necks that live by the Atlantic Ocean. And the rain has stopped in Charlotte. With the last few drops still falling on the city, that pollen that somehow escaped the rain, started going up into the atmosphere again and making Jean-Francois' life miserable one more time. And things are going to get worse overnight, I can feel it in the my nose.

But the truth of the matter is that I don't give a shit about that; I got Diana's phone number today and I'm gona pick her up tomorrow to go to school. And that very simple tiny detail, a ten-digit number written on a napkin, made my day!

2 Comments:

Blogger Janet kindly said...

Isn't it amazing how a day can just turn around like that?

Wed Apr 13, 07:01:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Jean-Francois kindly said...

Yeah. What really makes this world turn are those very little details that "make" your day.

Cheers!

Wed Apr 13, 11:28:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home