Thursday, April 28, 2005

Mother's Day Gift

So my Mom for mother's day wants some sort of cold bandage treatment in order to lose weight. That's fine with me: different people, in different parts of the world, of different ages and gender and marital status, and with different children -some of them more fucked up than others-, would want different shit when their special day comes. I do understand, and I ain't gona judge or approve or disapprove what my very own mother wants and doesn't want. Shit, but why do I have to foot a big chunk of that bill, ah?

Don't call me, I won't call you eitherNo I don't fucking care that my paycheck comes in dollars while my sisters are cashing their checks in other -weaker- currency. Yes I'm single and don't have major bills to pay; but if my sisters can't contribute enough is because they have been spending money that they are not even going to receive in the first place, while I've been a very financial responsible dude. And well my mom and my dad have been spending their mutual funds and retirement plans as if that thing would last forever, and as I told them the other day: "at this pace that money is gona run out soon, and I am not going to pay for you both to keep living like the fucking royalty". They said that I was talking "non sense", but I learnt in college and while studying my MBA that money doesn't grow in trees.

All the money they have grew like a palm tree you know, over a life time of hard work and wise investments; but now they are spending it like a coconut falling towards the ground. Whenever you guys run out of Euros and Dollars, and once your real estate is gone, I'll quote Nelson Mandela when he said "Don't call me, I'll call you".

But for the time being, in order to avoid conflicts and judgments and all that shit, I opened my bank account and sent them their stupid money for a stupid gift. With that very same cash, I could have bought at least an iPod, among other goodies. But now that I'm at it, my mom is sixty years old and happily married to my dad, what the fuck is she thinking about by getting into fucking expensive treatments for loosing weight if she's already slim for a woman her age. How about just eating less crap and perhaps drinking more water?

I know that I'm crying over spilled milk because the money is already gone, but if I don't say it out loud here in my little blog, where? Calling them and tell them this very same words? I should my friends, but that would not be a pretty picture: imagine the shit hitting the fan and Jean-Francois right in the middle of it all. Not pretty at-all.

3 Comments:

Blogger Janet kindly said...

So I wonder, is loose weight different than the process of losing weight?:)

Just kiddin!, I can be such a smart ass sometimes. lol

Thu Apr 28, 10:43:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Jean-Francois kindly said...

You smart ass... If I have to pay for it, I'll say is the same!
And thanks for the grammar tip.

Fri Apr 29, 08:53:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Rhodester kindly said...

vent, my friend, VENT! and hope your Mom doesn't find this blog. I want to wish MY Mom a happy Mother's day, but I'd have to hire a medium to do so. Treasure them while you still have them, no matter how wacky they are.

Sat Apr 30, 02:37:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home