Monday, April 18, 2005

I clean it!

I'm not kicking you out; but hurry up and drink your coffee...One of the first items that I got when I moved to my condo was a coffee maker. A little one, just for me and for those lucky ladies that I invite every now and then, and then kick out right after their "morning coffee". I'm a pretty cool and polite guy you know, and to kick them out late at night after I've got what I wanted is not good manners. Sometimes I even hold them all night, telling them nice things. I even let them borrow my towels and even my toothbrush the next morning. The towels are always thrown into the washing machine right away with extra soap and bleach just in case, and as for the toothbrush, I don't even bother throwing it in my trash can, it goes straight to the dumpster.

My little coffee maker has been sitting in the far right corner of the kitchen, right below a long narrow cabinet that stores filters and ground coffee. I have a tea spoon that I use to measure my daily doses of caffeine and that put right beside the container with the coffee. As you can imagine, putting the spoon, day in and day out, in the same place for over a year there is a spot with coffee all around it. Every morning I say to my unconscious self that I have to clean it, but after more than 365 days there were more good wishes than actions on this issue. Until today.

I finally clean it, and it took me no more than one minute to wipe the surface with a wet rag and then rinse it. Now it looks pretty clean.

I'm just wondering, once I get rid of these allergies and get back on my feet so that I can start bringing all those lucky girls again, should I tell them about this little story?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home