Monday, April 11, 2005

The Delivery Guy

I was in the office today, working hard as always, and around few minutes past one o'clock went downstairs to get something to eat real quick. On my way back to the ninth floor where my corner office (a.k.a. cubicle) is, a Pizza delivery guy jumped in the elevator. He was carrying a black box full of warm pizzas; I bet you could store around ten of those babies in there. He pushed the bottom for the mortgage division of the HSBC Bank up in the twelfth floor.

Well, someone has to do it...This guy was all sweaty, and even though you could tell that he was tired after carrying that heavy box all the way from the parking lot, it surprised me how much energy he had. I, together with the other two executives that were in the elevator, who had been working behind a computer all morning with plenty of coffee and AC, were far from this guy's energy level. Kind of odd, I would've thought that it should be the other way around.

That made me think for a second that besides being warm out there today, cars are usually warmer; and if on top of that you put ten warm pizzas in a car, that thing would be like a sauna in there. But still, this kid was apparently enjoying more himself with all that hassle, heat and physical work that we did inside our offices.

It just made me think, you know. Maybe it comes down to your attitude and behavior towards what you do in life than anything else. Perhaps is not just getting what you want, but wanting what you've got -just like the song.

1 Comments:

Blogger Janet kindly said...

I find that most delivery guys come across as good natured. Maybe it's because they are moving around all day and so they don't have much time to complain or get bored. Oh and maybe your guy just ate some free pizza too.

Ya never know.:)

Tue Apr 12, 05:29:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home