Thursday, March 10, 2005

Run Into a Friend of my Sister

Get him between the eyes!I went to he gym this evening and run into a friend of my sister, a "pretty nice guy" I have to say. We jog for a while, talking about a little bit of everything. He told me that he's marrying his girlfriend and moving to Spain with her, he also told me about his job and about the lives of a lot of people that I once met but that I haven't seen in years and that I really don't care about.

Then we moved to my life, which is a pretty fucked up story right now, so I tried to go around it. I said as little as I could but his questions were sharp and I couldn't really avoid them -I'm too polite, I should've just say hi and keep running at my own pace.

The thing is that at some point enough was enough and I told him that I was going to do some weights so "I'll see you around". I in fact went downstairs and did my thing and when I was going back upstairs to get my jacket, I ran into him again and his girlfriend. He was trashing me, kind of saying that I was a really fucked up dude and then when they saw me they were like "Hey! Jean-Fran, we were talking about you. . ." Yeah, no shit dude.

We stood in the stairs talking for a little while and getting more fucking questions from them. I hate questions, specially when the answers ain't pretty. I tried my best to go around and not to say much, but what I said was enough. They are in contact with my sister and as a matter of fact I think they talk more to her than I do, so I'm sure they broke the speed limit on their way back home to go and write to her about our encounter. The relationship with my family at this point is very distant and the last thing I want is to see them, but that's a whole different story that I'll talk about later on.

This guys have a little group that gets together every Thursday evening for drinks and where I went once and never came back. Every time I see them, they're like "you should come"; and I'm like "yeah, sure. I'll see you there". Dude, It's been years since the last time I went there I have no plans to go and hang out with people that I don't really know. But well, this is the south, and here somehow is more important what you say than what you really mean and feel.

They finally got tired of grilling me with questions and not getting many answers and we say good bye. I'm sure I gave them enough material to talk for weeks about me and my fucked up whereabouts. One of the reasons why I never went back to their meetings on Thursdays, and basically why I never hung up with them was because they trashed everybody they knew, and I know from "many sources" that when Jean-Francois got mentioned, the only thing left to do was to put a picture of me on the wall and throw darts at it.

Now that I think about it, that would have been good fun. . . for them at least.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home