Friday, March 11, 2005

pRoNunCiaTiOn

TALL Cafe au Lait, pLeAsE!I hate when people don't understand what I say. I'm a foreigner and I do have an strange pronunciation. But shit, with this pronunciation I was able to get an MBA and to help quite a few of my classmates pass our tests. I've also been able to talk many times for half an hour to those customer service people in Time Warner Cable when my internet connection goes bad, to fuck quite a few girls in this land, to apply and get few jobs, to ask for a beer in a bar and to give directions to a cab driver when I'm totally wasted due to that very same beer. . . Among other things.

Today I went to Barnes&Noble to read magazines for free while sipping a cup of coffee, as I usually do. I asked for a "small cafe au lait, please", and this girl in the register was like "uhhhh, did you say 'ice frappe mocha', sir?".

I boiled in a split of a second and while looking up at the list of drinks, I said with the best -or perhaps worst- pronunciation I could come up with "TALL cafe au lait".

And this half-brained lady-monkey was like "ahhhhhh, TALL cafe au lait". It even pisses off to write it! Arrrrrrgh!

The total was $1,95; I paid with a five dollar bill and got three dollars and a Nickel back. Usually I throw all the coins in the tip jart or perhaps a dollar. Today, I even kept the damn Nickel.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home