Wednesday, March 09, 2005

On Favors

Don't you hate when people call you and say something like "Where have you been? Why you haven't called me?". Puting aside those people whom have called you few times or writen e-mails and you have never replied to them, my standard answer is that I've been right here, just one phone call away. I really don't go any further, even if the other person hammers me again with the same lame question; I just repeat that I've been and I am only one phone call away.

A friend called me the other day with that very same fucking line, and got of course my standard response. The funny thing is that once I heard her "Hi!" on the other side of the line, I knew that she needed a favor from me.

If I can do it, I don't have any problem doing favors. I know that eventually I would be able to ask for one in return, and even though I'm pretty sure I'll get an excuse for answer, with a little push, things may come my way.

This type of relationships end up working like the mafia: an eye for an eye.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home