Thursday, March 03, 2005

The Odds

I'll say it just for the record, but if I'm writing about it, it really makes no sense to even mention it. If I'm here, is because it just didn't happen after all.

It wasn't my fault though, and as a matter of fact that was nobody's fault, as there's really no fault in it. Is not that I got late, or that I forgot a document or I lost a very important phone number, it just didn't happen. Or I'll better say it didn't happen the way it was suppose to, it was more like a flat tire happen one day, or something just breaks down, or the milk goes bad while in the fridge; it just happens. And is not that the shit hit the fan, is just that shit happens and it happen to me -well, the truth is that a little assumption didn't happen.

And as you know I had a big plan which involved a lot of thinking, many hours doing research, some more putting it together, a couple of days going over it and making sure that there was nothing and no one left out. The actual document describing what would happen if the initial assumtion was right contained all the information needed to understand the outcome. It included all the different decision trees used in coming up with the most favorable cash flow for the whole thing; it also included some reference to taxes, off shore companies and of course the benefits, which were unlimited. Even though I had several cups of coffee, did endless drafts and conducted several interviews, I decided not to mention it in the final document. Neither the joint that I smoked once the whole thing was done, you know, just to let the dust settle and have a clearer picture of it.

And things were clear, from beginning to end, from head to tail, oh , yeah. Things were gona go just great, or fabulous or I guess is the only word that can fit the description is amazingly perfect . I just needed that initial assumption to happen, but it just didn't.

I also did the the numbers and I did the math, and I know that at the beginning I thought I was pushing the envelope a bit far with my assumption, but after I did a dry run of it, things just felt in place. Once the dust had settle, everything became clearer, and that assumption was attainable, no doubt about it. And as a matter of fact I was close, because I did have the initial numbers correct, but in a whole different order.

But if those numbers had been right, the rest would have been just a walk in the park: the TV set, the car, house on the beach, a condo in NYC, the house-mansion in the heart of the Bible Belt, furniture, furniture and more furniture; antiques, pictures hanging on the walls, a maid, a garden, flowers, trees, wife, mistress, ex wife, children and so on.

But I know what you're thinking: the assumption of winning the lottery is just to great to count on it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home