Wednesday, March 16, 2005

A Little Upset

Dry as a Saltin crackerAh the good old south! One of the cooking specialties in this land is the so called BBQ, a mix of different parts of a pig putted in a pot, cooked, chopped, mixed with only God knows what in order to lower the overhead and then served to whoever is brave, hungry and stupid enough to eat that thing. Usually you put a bit of BBQ sauce on top just to kill the taste of that "pork-a-mess" that you're about to ingest, perhaps some Texas Pete or some Tabasco to kill the rest of the germs in that sandwich, and then enjoy!

Yesterday for lunch I had an all southern BBQ sandwich where I work at. If it was a bottle of wine it would have been exquisite, due to the time it had been waiting to be consumed, but the true is that it was as dry as a saltin cracker and as tasteless as a piece of cardboard. Even though I added a lot of BBQ sauce and Texas Pete, plus two slices of Swiss cheese and some sliced tomatoes, that thing wasn't really good. Being the brave man that I am, I ate the whole thing without blinking and only with a glass of water as company. After that I had a bit of rice, a piece of meatloaf and some veggies -plus a more Texas Pete on top of everything. I do eat a lot my friends.

BBQ unlike wine, doesn't get better with timeLast night after playing tennis with two friends and kicking their poor asses big time, we went on a safari in order to find a sandwich. To make a long story short, we drove for like 30 minutes and at least 80 miles in order to find a place that was closed, so we end up eating a huge sandwich at McAllister's. In there, I applied all my charm and got the phone number of the 19-year old waitress that took care of us; I would have liked to have the number of the very cute cashier, but she was only 15-years old. Could you imagine a date with her? I would have had to take her to Celebration Station or something like that.

So after that BBQ sandwich, meatloaf, gallons of Texas Pete, the huge sandwich at McAllister's and the tennis matches, I woke up this morning with my stomach upset, very upset if not plain-o-angry with me. For breakfast I just had two Alka-Seltzer, but it looks like this is going to be a long day.

I'm thinking about putting my laptop in the restroom. . . you know, so that I won't miss "shit" today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home