Friday, March 04, 2005

A Lawyer

Why is it that lawyers are so full of shit, ah? Or maybe is just the one that I spoke to yesterday, I guess is not fair to trash all of them for one bad apple.

I understand now why they charge the consultation before hand: otherwise you'll refuse to pay for that baby talk and all the crap that comes out of their mouths.

I also noticed that the concept of fear is so widespread in the American society, that not only politicians use it for their own purposes, lawyers also use the fear factor in order to sell their services. The concept of "you'll be doomed without me"; the idea that even though things could go fine without a lawyer by your side "would you take such a risk?"; the mentality that only the worst can happen if you don't have one of those blood suckers beside you at all times. Again, I'm speaking based on my experience with one, not really want to trash all of them.

At the end of our meeting I choose my words very carefully; being the nice and well educated guy that I am, I tend to use words like "thanks", "please" and so on. After I saw that vampire, I said that it had been a pleasure; we'll talk again; I'll think about it; I'll give you a call; we'll keep in contact; and so on, but I bite my tongue not to say the magic word "thanks".

The body language at the end of the meeting certainly reflected the little if not the lack of chemistry between this polite red haired guy and that leech.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home