Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Antidepressants

A little extra helpI'm surprise how many of the people I know are on anti-depressants; and even more so with the availability and easiness that doctors prescribe them. Is very much like if they were handing aspirins for a headache.

I still refuse to go and ask for my daily doses of happy pills, even though a handful of them will come handy this days of gray skies and non stop rain in my little world. As with every drug, I'm afraid I'll end up "hooked" and not able to function without them. I smoked cigarettes for quiet a few years of my life and when I decided to quite it took me so much energy and effort, that the last thing I want to do is to have to go through that process again.

Maybe other drugs are not as addictive and as widely available as tobacco. When I was smoking all my friends use to smoke and back at that time in South America, China and Europe you could smoke almost everywhere. I've had love affairs with weed and Cocaine, but those have been short lived experiences and even though we flirt with each other every now and then, they are more "party" friends than anything else. I can function in my job, school and social and sexual life without the help of any drug, even including including alcohol which just help a little bit to open up my shy self but just at an early stage of a relationship. To have to use a drug in order to be able to function (excluding coffee of course) on regular basis scares the living crap out of me.

I like it like thatEven to use those very same drugs that I mentioned above to escape the daily realities of life, keeps me at arm's length of them. I've tried to rely on the gym in order to burn and gain some energy for my life, and at times sex comes very handy as well. Company of friends or people I know and sports is also a good way to keep my mind open. But still, wouldn't be great to take a happy pill in the morning and function like a brand new Subaru Impreza WRX-STI? Blogging is a good valve to alleviate pressure, but is not the whipped cream on your mocha, that's for sure.

Drugs. . . why don't we just make them all legal so that I can get ride of this sense of guiltiness everytime I use them. I mean, before they've reach the pleasure center of my brain, because once I take off towards the rings of Saturn, that's a whole different story my friends!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home