Thursday, February 24, 2005

Plants

I just think is amazing that a plant will grow and develop only with water. From a little seed, this organism will grow, develop, produce fruits and more seeds to perpetuate their specie. Only with water.

Only water and sun... amazing!Some will get the occasional urine from a dog or a drunkard; the tree right outside "Varsovia", one of the bars that I use to frequent when I was young and wild, got a lot, plenty of puke as well. A palm tree in my parent's house in the country side, got a lot of injuries in the form of "ninja stars" and pocket knifes. This was when I was just a kid and wanted to become a silent killer of bad people dress all in black. The palm tree didn't make it all the way to adulthood though.

A tree outside one of my girlfriend's house saw a lot of kisses; some touching of private parts, stored a lot of love letters vowing to love her 4-ever, saw a lot of tears when things went down hill both from her and me, and got a lot of angry kicks from me when she got a new boyfriend and refused to answer my calls. Maybe that's why it stopped all of a sudden growing those roots under the side walk. Or maybe was the effective mutilation of it by a bastard with a chainsaw that even dare to flirt with her.

Those yellow flowers that I gave to my best girlfriend -and lover for few weeks-, die when our lust was hitting the fan. Maybe was too much water; perhaps too little sun as we just stayed locked in my room loving each other; or maybe was just a glimpse of what was going to happen between us. Love dies, my friends.

The only plant that I have right now and that appears in the top picture, has been with me for almost six months now. It has seen water once a week; it has witnessed how much pasta and chicken I eat on regular basis; has gotten plenty of sun, or at least enough to survive; it has seen me drinking coffee, blogging, talking on the phone, reading books and flirting with girls. It has also being part of the last months of my life and has witnessed the downward spiral where I'm at right now.

Those yellow flowers. . .

The three plants that I got from a friend of mine and that I left outside my condo, saw me pretty much getting home and leaving again. They saw a lot of sun, plenty of it, and not much water. So much of one and so little of the other that they just passed away; and went straight to the heaven of plants, because life with me was hell for them. Hell in the sense of my complete indifference. "Whether you flourish or die, I don't care" was my message to them, the same that that old girlfriend said to me without words.

Only water, and perhaps some sun is all they need. I wonder when a plant gets to the heaven of plants, what would they say about their owners?

"That bloody red haired guy, can you believe the bastard? He water me only once a week, while he ate three and even four times a day!"

"Tell us about it" -the other three plants would reply. "That sun-a-ba-bitch! He dumped us in a corner of his little balcony and never even dare to look at us for months. But when he did, was just to throw our half death bodies in the dumster! Oh I bet you all my chlorophyll that he's heading straight for the flames!"

"My little plants" -I would reply with plenty of confidence. "Hell, as well as heaven, is a place on earth".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home