Sunday, February 27, 2005

My Friend Stephan

I just hung up with my good-old friend Stephan from Chicago. We went to school together here in Charlotte where we both got our MBAs.

The last time I spoke to him was maybe like two months ago or so; long time, my friends, long fucking time without a word from me. I got a couple of e-mails from him, but somehow the reply button in my hotmail account was broken or was just missing.

I thought about him and his wife and thought about calling him, but my cell phone was fucking gone, there was no service inside this bunker where I live and not even radio signals can penetrate this thick walls, and beside after the first atomic bomb felt on North Carolina all the communications went belly-up and Jean-Francois couldn't even send smoke signals to his loved ones.

I sometimes complain that my cell phone doesn't ring, not even a wrong number "Is this Shanikoa?". Sometimes when it rings, I don't pick it up, I just say to myself "If it's important they'll call again or they'll leave a message." Even with e-mails I do the same: I would not open my hotmail account for a couple of days just to let the spam accumulate in my inbox and then I'll just select all and press "delete"; and surprisingly that button is always there, no matter if it is raining, snowing or sunny, that delete button is always fucking visible -and working.

While talking to him he just said exactly what I had in my mind: you call and write when there's shit going on, but when there isn't, what the fuck are you going to talk about? Something happen everyday, that's for sure, but not something worth talking about and mentioning and stuff. The old saying goes "no news is good news", however when there's no news is because the shit is not moving and is stuck, and that ain't fucking good news.

He told me that he'll be starting a blog, but I didn't mention the Stranger in Strange Land to him. And I am not going to; this blog, just like my life this last months, has been in a downward spiral not worth mention it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home