Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Wired

M O PThis morning I was as wired as a wired man can be. I didn't have my usual cup of coffee in the morning, just for the sake of breaking with my routine. Without caffeine in my system I did accomplish, and I'm not lying, to get myself shaved, cleaned, dressed and with my usual breakfast without any major problem.

I did hit the road few minutes earlier and even though people in this area of the Bible Belt were driving as bad as everyday, I didn't honk or curse anybody. I did thought about it of course, is not that the lack of caffeine had made me a saint overnight, but I didn't exteriorize it (e.g. yell through the windshield of my car to those SUVs that think they own both lanes of the street; or those people who think a green traffic light is meant to be admired and analyzed, specially if you're the first in line).

Believe it ort not I did get to my job on time and started doing my thing, until I had to get me a coffee to speed up things. Then, 10 minutes after my coffee I got bombed with plenty, I mean, PLENTY of ideas of things to write in this very same pages. Idea after idea came pouring out of my head -or into my head- like hallucinatory mushrooms on a wet forest. I imagine and compose in my mind blog after blog and then one more and very clever expressions appear out of the blue that made me both smile and laugh and wished with all of my energies to please don't forget all this.

Clogged. . .?Not only that, I also imagined people reading, laughing, cursing, crying and reading my blogs and coming over and over again to read; commenting it and saying that they wanted more and more, like a drug, a drug named Jean-Francois that doesn't kill (too many) brain cells and they just couldn't get enough of. I went even further to imagine (and actually conducting in my head) an interview on the eve of my multi-million dollar new publication, and how I described my humble beginnings as a poor blogger in a ill-visited corner of the internet, rising from the ashes to the top of all imagined lists of love and hate and stardom and. . . and. . .

. . . and yes boss I'm here! I was just taking five sr. OK sir, I'll take care of unclogging that toilet right away; you mean not before I finish moping this floor? Yes sr, you bet: first mop the floor, then the clogged toilet and after that get all the trash to the dumpster? Hey, you're the Man! Yes, sir! No more taking five while on the clock? you bet! I mean yes, sir!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home