Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Stoopid (2)

Kick'em out of the window!I get to work this morning and all of my co-workers are already sweating for their paychecks. They're all busy -or at least they look busy- and there's movement, action, I see people walking up and down doing stuff, asking question, pretty much everybody wired to what they have to do.

As I'm such a cool red-haired guy, I always arrive in style; say hi to everybody, get a drink of water and pretty much go and figure out what the hell is going on that particular day. No need to rush or stress myself; I know how things operate and I know that if energy has to be burned, it is never that early in the morning.

One of my co-workers is working hard, polishing some silver pieces for an event later that day. I approach him, and ask him in a very polite way "So, what's up?" -and I make it sound like a "hello". Well, this guy starts telling me how hard it is to polish that piece that hasn't been polished in 3 years and that it's always him who has to do it and so on. I point out that I polished that very same piece less than three weeks ago, but that due to the heat of the sterno, that looks like shit.

Anyways he pretends he can't hear me and keeps bitching about it so I ask him "Do you know what's wrong around here? what's really wrong?". As he has too many things to complain about in his head he struggles to answer, but before he can reply I say: ". . . people bitching about evertyhing; fucking people that the only thing they know how to do is to bitch about stuff".

Some of the other co-workers turn around, while I add.

"If I was the boss around here, I mean, if I had the power here, the first thing that I would do is get all those people that bitch and complain..." and at that time other of my co-workers, like if she had just discovered warm water, says: "you'll fire them!".

I look at her and spell every word as carefully as I can looking around:"No! I'll kick'em in the ass and throw'em out of the window! That's what I'll do". Now everybody -almost everybody- starts laughing and making fun of the fact that we work at the very top of a tall building and shit, one of them starts moving his arms like wings, the other says something about a parachute, and the girl add something about buffalo wings that make the volume of laughter hit the roof.

When everybody calms down, I then turn to the guy that has been polishing that shit non-stop and ask him: "So, what's up?".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home