Saturday, January 22, 2005

EVEN IF

I may just sail through it. . .EVEN IF I plan it for weeks, I know I'm not going to be able to make it on time. EVEN IF I catch every single traffic light on green, I know it wont be enough.

EVEN IF I leave hours in advance, I know the bell is going to ring right before I cross through that door.

EVEN IF time was to grow on trees, I will always be few fruits short.

EVEN IF the speed limit was converted to the metric system, that green light looming on the horizon, will turn stop-red by the time I reach it.

EVEN IF I'm about to break the sound barrier on a 35MPH zone, I know the traffic light will smile at me showing its yellow teeth, just to roar with laughter by the time we're face to face, showing its stop-red tongue.

One day, whenever I get tired of blogging, I'm just going to sail through that red light on my 2.4L, 16-valve, DOHC, soon to be turbocharged.

I may write a post about it. Or the local newspaper will do it for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home