Monday, January 17, 2005

Cooking

MasterpieceI've just had what could be considered as the best and more elaborated meal I've ever had. The best and most elaborated meal I've ever cooked, I mean.

It was not the best meal ever, hell no! Far from that. But it was the most time I've spent in the kitchen peeling, chopping, cutting, stirring; covering and uncovering the pot to see how things were "cooking"; testing, adding salt a little bit, pepper a bit more, covering again and testing it once more. Until I was satisfied. Almost satisfied.

The thing for me is that if you see me in front of the stove is becasue I'm starving; and as the best ingredient is hunger, I've always thought that I was a great chef. My friends have always thought otherwise, but I bet they don't feel those cravings that attack me when I'm hungry. I've always been able to dismiss any criticism towards my "cooking" with a very polite Fuck You!, while having another spoon fool of whatever was in front of me.

Today though, I had more time to cook, and even though hunger started to build early in the cooking, I keep it at fence with three slices of whole wheat bread.

I also have to mention that I cooked a HUGE pot, and to be honest that was the main idea behind this cooking. To cook a lot so that it could last for few days. But knowing me as I do, I can say that that shit is not going to last too long. I just went through half the pot of rice, and easily through ⅓ of my masterpiece. And I feel fucking full!

I just don't know if I should take a nap or not?

Or let me put it this way better: should I take a nap on my bed or on the sofa?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home