Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Consumer Report (1)

Beginning with this post, I'll be rating, describing, promoting or demoting, and talking about products and services worth using, or not worth bothering at all with'em.

I hate you!It's going to be like my own Consumer's Report in my very own corner of the internet. I'm not going to be very technical and I ain't planning to go too deep in the reasons why I recommend or not certain stuff to all the millions of people who come here on regular bases. Neither is going to be very often that I post about it, not planning to torture anyone with more information about shit that you should buy, or should not.

Being this introduction already too frigging long, let's cut through all this red tape and let's get down to business. Let's crank the front burner -the big one-, and let's grill a product that should be banned from this planet. Yes, let's spill some blood here. . .

Do not buy; let me say it again: DO NOT (DON'T) buy the printer Lexmark X1185, it sucks! Yes it does, it sucks! Fuck that printer!

I bought it because it was all-in-one: it is a printer, scanner and fax, all in one nice looking machine. To be fair I have to say that the scanner works, the printer works (not the best quality, but if you want to print your Resume, the result is OK), and even though I never use the fax, I bet it works fine. Also, and I'm very honest, the software to use is very simple and easy to use.

But that's about it.

Just down the hall. . .If you want to print your Resume, by the time that crap has written your name on the paper, the black-and-white cartridge is already half way down. No need to use the ultra-super best quality print option to break that Guinness Record, hell no! Just use the normal option and that shit will gulp down your cartridge in no time. And at a price of $19.83 per cartridge in Walmart, the money that you "saved" by not buying a more expensive printer, will go down the drain in no time.

I already pay the printer again just in cartridges, and it was just a couple months ago that I got it.

I've tried to print only black and white shit, as I don't want to test the durability of the color cartridge. I'm afraid I'll go down the hall from my condo, break the glass of the fire emergency unit, get the ax, walk back to my condo and let it down on the printer, my eyes red with fury, my face disfigured with anger, my pulse going through the roof, my desk wrecked and lying in pieces on the floor next to the printer. Then I'll head for the kitchen, the ax still in my hand, my mind and eyes locked in the microwave (another piece of shit), and. . .

Well, you got the idea.

wrapping up: do not buy a Lexmark X1185 all-in-one printer!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home