Thursday, December 30, 2004

Skiing (2) 'Expert Skier'

I'm an expert skier and I can prove it! hell, yes I am a damn good skier and a guy with a very big heart by the way, so you girls out there listen and so help me God.

Late in the afternoon I was coming down from the very top of the mountain, balancing this well developed latin-lover body to right and left with as much grace as a model in a catwalk; people all around me were either struggling not to fall, have already fall or were heading for the bushes on both sides of compromise with a terrifying scream. I was cool and firm as a cucumber, looking as good as a man on Oakley sun glasses and rented skies can, when my opportunity to shine came!

A young kid had lost his pole following a massive fall and was trying to climb back up the slope to get it. As I was heading straight to him and the pole was right on my way I did what only an EXPERT skier can do on a blue trail: I hold my two poles with my left hand, did a move called the 'pizza slide' in order to slow down and without stopping I picked up this kid's pole with my right hand. I then kept skiing towards him and stop sideways -like an expert I have to add- inches away from him, and gave him his pole in the hand.

Man! this kid was amazed to see a guy skiing so smooth; afraid to see him dressed all in black like the death himself; proud to get the help of such a cool guy; happy when I asked him with my latino accent 'you alright dude?'; thankful when he said 'thank you!'; and full of joy when he recounted, late that night back at the lodge and in front of the fire place surrounded by his family, the story of how he got his pole back!

Am I an expert skier or what?! Some would say 'hell yes!'; some others would argue that I'm an expert Bullshiter, but that's a whole different story.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home