Wednesday, December 29, 2004

Plans

Since Christmas day I've been planning a trip to go skiing this Thursday (tomorrow) with two friends. As they don't know how to fully use all the resources that internet has to offer to us, hommo sapiens, and they've never ski before, I've done all the researching, reading, compilation of, and preparation of a little report of all places and alternatives near Charlotte.

Using both Excel and Word, I putted together a very-easy-to-read document with prices, lists, recommendations, what to wear, what to bring, how to ski, etc. in order to hit the slopes both in style and on the cheap -I even included maps of the locations which drank a big chunk of my printer's color cartridge- so that they understood where the hell we were heading to.

Yesterday after a little meeting over lunch we decided to go to Winter Place, and we agreed on talking today (Wednesday) at around 2PM in order to go and rent all our equipment and do the necessary shopping for the trip -which by the way was in one of the lists that I did with prices and shit.

As planned I did called them around 2PM but no one answered. . . At 3:45 I called again, and no answer either. Don't ask me why but in the morning I had a strange feeling about then not going, call it my sixth sense or whatever, but I had an uneasy feeling about it. Finally one of them call me at 430PM to say that they have decided no to go after all. They said that they didn't have money, and that why not go some other day when the girlfriend of one of them could go, and also another guy and it will be a nice group and we'll have a lot of fun, and come on Jean-Francois, let's go early next year, or in 2 weeks when prices come down (yeah right, holiday and weekend prices are at the same level, so the only thing going down will be maybe the thermometer), and com'on, don't get upset, blah, blah, blah.

It obviously would have been nice to go with a group of friends, and have fun, and laugh and shit, and take pictures and make memories together, oh yeah!, no doubt about it. But the more people the more difficult it gets to put everybody in the same page; that's why I was so looking forward to this trip. And if we couldn't put everybody in the same page these days when we all are pretty much off, how about in January when reality bites back again, ah?

When I get something inside my head, and I throw all my energy into it, I really expect people to put their actions where their mouths are and follow suit. If they say "let's go!", then fucking go. If they were not able to spend a hundred bucks (that's it, only une hundred greens) to go skiing. . . that was actually the first thing that I told'em about the trip several days ago; I pointed out that it was around $150 per head, but after the research I narrowed to $100 flat -all included!. Doesn't gets better.

O well, fuck'em!

I already rented my skies, got my supplies, filled my car's tank and tomorrow at 6AM I'll be stepping on the gas until I reach exit 28 on I-77 and then the fun will begin. What I was suppose to do, just mindlessly blog tomorrow all day long?!

If you're heading tomorrow Friday for Winter Place in West Virginia, look for a red-haired Latino who's going to be hitting those double-black-diamonds as an expert and in style !!!!!!!

Clue: I'll be dressed all in black, like the death himself, with a yellow scarf.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home