Thursday, December 02, 2004

Of Naps and Food

Today was my day off, but being the nice guy that I am I went to help a good friend of mine who is opening a restaurant. Today there was a visit of some "people that know people" and that may help them with the final boost for their restaurant. They were suppose to go and see the place and have some "finger food" -like a little sandwich or small shit like that. Instead there was a nice buffet (rice, veggies, chicken and pork), tables with white linen, pre-set salad, ice tea, coffee and peach cobbler for dessert.

The main course of course was this red-haired foreigner treating them like fucking royalty; picking up their dirty plates, smiling up and down in my tie, and pouring coffee at the end.

There was no payment -at least in cash. When everybody left we hit the buffet and I apply the good old "no mercy". I went twice through the buffet with a "whole 9 yards" plate each time; for dessert I have a huge plate of peach cobbler, and just to make sure that everybody knew I can eat, I had 4 pieces of bread with plenty of butter. Ate like a king, my friends, and all that without a single glass of water -hunger is a tough shit to put up with.

At the end I took home with me two whole containers with chicken, pork and veggies that took over all my plastic containers and filled my freezer like never before.

The thing is that when I came back home I was so tired that I lie on my bed and... woke up two hours later at around 8PM. Now, at midnight I'm completely awake! And there's no one around to share all this energy with!

I know what I'm going to do: I'm gona go through half the food I brought home, so that I can use some energy digesting it and therefore I'll fall sleep. Am I clever or what?!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home